I'm looking into buying a chorus pedal, but I'm not quite sure which to buy. I live in a small town so it's hard for me to drive an hour or so to a guitar store and try out the Small Clone. Also I'd say it's pretty slim to find a CE-1 to sample. Cost isn't really an issue. I'm more conserned about tone and ease of use.
Here's a small list of what I like to play, if this helps
ACDC
Sabbath
Blue Oyster
Corrosion Conformity
Deep Purple
Foghat
Foreigner
G-N-R
Maiden
Hendrix
Kansas
Zeppelin
Skynyrd
Metallic
Motley Crue
Nazareth
Neil Young
Nickelback
Nirvana
Ozzy
Dio
Rush
Scorpions
System of a Down
Tool
ZZ Top

Your input is much appreciated.
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Quote by Darkflame
well as for ease of use, you can't beat the small clone... there's one knob and a depth button
personnally, I have it and I love it, it's almost always turned on
and i have something against boss, so i'd direct you towards the small clone

+1
Small clone easy, makes a whole lotta difference to your sound. I always have a tiny bit of chorus on with my Flextone to fatten up the distortion.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
CE-1, I'd love to have one of those myself.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
You know the CE-1 is gonna kill the Small Clone. I also don't get why people worship the Small Clone on here, it's not exactly a great pedal.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i'd go with the CE-1. more tweakability, stereo capabilities, more variety of tones. but, if you only want that nirvana "Come As You Are" tone, go for the Clone.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I hope you know that the CE-1 often goes up to $500 on ebay.

You're thinking of the CH-1. If you can find a CE-2, or MIJ (analog) CH-1 that'd be good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Nope, I'm correct, the CE-1.....I know the average going rate.
Is there anything I should watch for on them, like problems or defects that have occured due to time or wear / use
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Or, Look at a Boss CE-20, it has a CE-1 setting, and you can tweak other settings to get a Small Clone sound too.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
japanese boss ce-2, the best
i can get that early metallica clean tone with this pedal no prob on my carvins clean channel
you can usually find them on ebay for around 200 bucks
I own a Boss chorus.

So of course my answer is EHX.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Warpigs
Nope, I'm correct, the CE-1.....I know the average going rate.
Is there anything I should watch for on them, like problems or defects that have occured due to time or wear / use

Input/output levels and some hum mostly. You really have to spend time tweaking it to get your levels even and not muddy. I personally would never spend that much on one, I think they're over rated. Maybe $250, but I've never seen one sell that low. I prefer my Fulltone Choralflange over the CE-1, not because of sound, but because it's much easier to work with, and is almost on par sound quality wise.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I love my Ce-2. Its a very warm sounding chours. best part about it is that it won't overpower you. It sounds great in just about every setting. It might be easier to get a Ce-2 than a Ce-1, I believe that the ce-2 is just the ce-1 in a compact pedal form. The only thing I don't like is that uses a old power adaptor that is not available anymore. You can't run the Ce-2 on a normal 9v power adaptor. I have to run my Ce-2 daisy chained to my Tu-2 so that it can draw enough power and share a common ground.
I was checking out the CE-2 and there's few Questions I"ve got.
Are there any differences with these?
-
Black Label and Green Label
-
Long Dash, not a long dash
-
Silver screw, or what ever else was inplace of the silver screw.

Is one version more popular that the other

thx
There is a guy on youtube that put a japanese and a Taiwan Ce-2 head to head and I can't tell the difference. My Ce-2 was made in Taiwan and it has most of the componets that the Japanese ones have.

Sorry I'm at work right now but I'll put up a link when I get out of here in a few hours
Last edited by Muramasa at Feb 27, 2009,
Generally, the silver screwed and green label versions are older (which makes them more sought after). The only real differences you'll HEAR might occur between the Japanese and Taiwanese versions though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣