i think i have decided on getting a Faded Explorer, there is only one left in stock at the only website i can find it and i need to order before it is gone, do you guys thing that ordering this guitar without playing the exact guitar i'm getting is a bad idea? i've played other Exp. but obviously not this one, i have heard that sometimes the explorers can be hit and miss. opinions?
I ordered my gutair over the Internet and I had no issues. You might have to adjust the truss rod (sp?), but if you're that paranoid I'd just wait til one's in stock at a local store or find a different guitar that is local.
um thats really not a good idea, every gibson explorer i have played was crap (i've played 3 or 4).
I am by no means saying they are crap guitars, but its gotta be a hit and miss type thing.
I suggest trying some out, if you really are hooked on the faded explorer then see if you can try out a used one
how about you go to your local big music store, by big i mean chain, and ask them to order one in then you can play it before you buy it.
With Gibson's QC nowadays, that's not a good idea. Just go buy it in-person. Sure you pay tax, but you can also find a gem, and get the price knocked down for cosmetic stuff.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
If at all possible find one somewhere to try out and buy if you like it. I played one at GC and I liked it. I personally have had no problems with Gibsons but maybe I've gotten lucky.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Never, ever buy a Gibson online. You have to try before you buy, because every single Gibson is vastly different.

I would elaborate more, but there have already been tons of threads on the subject, and I covered the problem at great length in my review of the Custom Shop 1959s.

Basically with Gibson, you can't take anything for granted. The quality can sometimes be incredible, but it can also sometimes be awful, and a lot of the time it's simply nothing special. The feel, the sound, both can vary by huge degrees, even amongst two of the exact same model. Even the neck profiles vary so much, the 60s and 50s labels mean nothing.

You absolutely can not buy a Gibson without testing it - the exact one you intend to buy - first. If you blindly buy any Gibson, you're most likely going to be pissing your money away on a guitar that doesn't suit you and may very well be badly made.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
thanks guys, i just want a faded explorer so bad and it seams there are only a hand full left. I don't have any big name guitar chains around me i live in columbia missouri, the nearest is in stl or KC. i might just wait a couple weeks until i go to stl and play a standard explorer and some prs guitars and see what i like.
Quote by GibsonAuction
http://www.phoenixguitargala.com/

gibson guitar auction

signed and unsigned

no minimum bids

bid online or live in petaluma

feb 28th

no
:reported:
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
Quote by MrFlibble
Never, ever buy a Gibson online. You have to try before you buy, because every single Gibson is vastly different.

I would elaborate more, but there have already been tons of threads on the subject, and I covered the problem at great length in my review of the Custom Shop 1959s.

Basically with Gibson, you can't take anything for granted. The quality can sometimes be incredible, but it can also sometimes be awful, and a lot of the time it's simply nothing special. The feel, the sound, both can vary by huge degrees, even amongst two of the exact same model. Even the neck profiles vary so much, the 60s and 50s labels mean nothing.

You absolutely can not buy a Gibson without testing it - the exact one you intend to buy - first. If you blindly buy any Gibson, you're most likely going to be pissing your money away on a guitar that doesn't suit you and may very well be badly made.

Absolutely 100% correct!

You can play 8 Gibsons and say "whatever" then you find one that feels like it was made just for you.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
It's fine as long as the site has a good return policy. If you order online, it's essentially the same as going to a store and getting them to order it for you. If you think it's good, keep it, if not, return it. Simple