I just recently stumbled upon Swart, a boutique amp maker.
I looked, and they had exactly what I needed - a 5W boutique tube amp under 1000$!
I play classic rock and blues. Anything but metal.
Do you know about Swart amps? Would you recommend the 5 Watter Space Tone?
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE
I hate the sound of low watt tube amps honestly. For a thousand bucks or under man you can get a pretty good tube amp that's not a boutique. If you play classic rock and the blues check out the classic 30 or the fender amps. There are way more options out there. I mean everyone is different you may like the low wattage tube amps but I can't deal with them. It's not as warm to me there is virtually no head room. I'd get atleast a 30 watt.
I want the low watt for playin at home, so I could get natural overdrive.

+ 1 Quarter (pick)
= ULTIMATE TONE
they are kickass for surf type stuff. They are really clean amplifiers. Per se i'm not too sure of their OD tones, might need a pedal for some dirt. They have a very delicious sound to them
Quote by hcsn2008
I hate the sound of low watt tube amps honestly. For a thousand bucks or under man you can get a pretty good tube amp that's not a boutique. If you play classic rock and the blues check out the classic 30 or the fender amps. There are way more options out there. I mean everyone is different you may like the low wattage tube amps but I can't deal with them. It's not as warm to me there is virtually no head room. I'd get atleast a 30 watt.

When did warmth suddenly become tied to headroom? Why get a Classic 30 when the fact that the amp is 5w is one of his main criteria? I'm sorry, but I just don't get that post.

Swart Amps are great, but you'll want a pedal for the classic rock.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
How does it compare to something like the Blackheart Little Giant? I'm sure the Swart is better seeing it's boutique, but is there that much of a difference? What would it be soundwise, quality-wise etc?

+ 1 Quarter (pick)
= ULTIMATE TONE
I was just simply saying low wattage tube amps suck to me. I don't like the black hearts the valve juniors none of them. It's one time I'd actually pick a solid state amp over a tube amp. I used to have a 16 watt tube amp and I couldn't even get into that honestly. And I didn't mean warmth and head room was included in the same thing. I just mean in my experience they never have much warmth and theres never any head room.