That amp sells for $400 used all the time. Deluxe reverbs sell used for $500-$700 and rape the HRD imo. The HRD is good, I'm not flaming it, the DRRI is simply better imo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Sad But False
yep fender making everything more expensive esp mexies

Just amps? I just bought my MIM strat... be nice to know i got in under the bar
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by gregs1020
That amp sells for $400 used all the time. Deluxe reverbs sell used for $500-$700 and rape the HRD imo. The HRD is good, I'm not flaming it, the DRRI is simply better imo.

1.exactly, there is a Blue Deluxe for $450 used at a nearby shop but they guy at there said it would probably need tubes in about a year because it was six years old and the tubes hadn't been replaced. Sure the amp was in great condition, but why pay 450 and then another 200-300 (depending on what kind you want) for a new set of tubes? I am new to tube amps and don't want to get screwed over and buy a ****ty used one.

2. A DRRI is a great practice amp, don't get me wrong, but it only 22 watts. I tried one of those out about a week ago and thought they were great. The HRD has almost twice the wattage.

If I had enough saved up is buy a twin reverb and have a ts9 next to it for good distortion on the second channel. But I don't wanna spend over 1k for an amp.
Why not just go used? You can pick up a perfectly good later 60's/early 70's Silverface Fender Bassman 50 plus a decent cab for $400-500. It'll sound a lot better as well.
^Twice the wattage doesn't mean twice the volume. 10x the wattage is roughly twice the volume, as other things come into play. The DRRI is a great amp. Tons of headroom. I don't like the HRD or the Blues Deluxe's gain channel at all. It sounds terrible. And no, I'm not on the bandwagon--this is from my own experience. I do, however, love the BD's clean channel.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I agree,I've never come across an HRD or Deville's gain/more gain structure. It sounds pretty disgusting indeed.

If you want to gig with something,go Silverface Fender.
If you want a wonderful lower wattage amp find the *right* AC15. I've played a few AC15's and they've been good but my friend has one that just has that special mojo. Instant clean Hendrix with the gain down played through a strat
Quote by ghostmouse859
1.exactly, there is a Blue Deluxe for $450 used at a nearby shop but they guy at there said it would probably need tubes in about a year because it was six years old and the tubes hadn't been replaced. Sure the amp was in great condition, but why pay 450 and then another 200-300 (depending on what kind you want) for a new set of tubes? I am new to tube amps and don't want to get screwed over and buy a ****ty used one.

2. A DRRI is a great practice amp, don't get me wrong, but it only 22 watts. I tried one of those out about a week ago and thought they were great. The HRD has almost twice the wattage.

If I had enough saved up is buy a twin reverb and have a ts9 next to it for good distortion on the second channel. But I don't wanna spend over 1k for an amp.

My fender is 35 watts and when I jam with a drummer friend, I never turn it past 4. Don't underestimate the DRRI.
You would likely only need the power amp re-tubed, if at all. Preamp tubes can last a long time. Like 10-20 years long time.
I only buy used amps, and I check them out before I hand over cash. I wouldn't buy a crappy used amp either, I would just tell the seller I'm going to go another direction.

Good luck man, the HRD is a decent amp like I said, I'm not flaming it. I just think you could get much more for your money. $800 is a lot to spend and you can get a lemon from the factory just as easily. Only making a point.
Quote by gregs1020
My fender is 35 watts and when I jam with a drummer friend, I never turn it past 4. Don't underestimate the DRRI.
You would likely only need the power amp re-tubed, if at all. Preamp tubes can last a long time. Like 10-20 years long time.
I only buy used amps, and I check them out before I hand over cash. I wouldn't buy a crappy used amp either, I would just tell the seller I'm going to go another direction.

Good luck man, the HRD is a decent amp like I said, I'm not flaming it. I just think you could get much more for your money. $800 is a lot to spend and you can get a lemon from the factory just as easily. Only making a point.

Listen to this man.

And besides, who says you HAVE to buy a Fender? There are tons of other great amps out there, depending on what genres you play...which you haven't mentioned.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I guess you could say that I play lowfi pop punk. I've had a roland cube 30 for 5 years and have been looking at amps for about a year and have tried quite a few amps. I almost pulled the trigger on the marshall stack for $549 until a friend told me I might want to look at a combo tube amp. Just off the top of my head I have tried the Vox 30 watt (AC30 i think), the valveking 112 and 212, B-52 112, the red traynor 40WR, and the Fender HRD and the Blues Deluxe.

It was between the traynor and the fender hrd and noticed that the traynor didn't have a master volume and the sound quality seemed to take a nosedive after 4.

Anyone have suggestions for an amp i may want to try out other than the deluxe reverb?
The marshall stack? the MG? thank your friend. a bunch.

hmm. well, i recommend the AC30, which you've already tried, a used Mesa DC-3 or F-30/F-50, A Peavey Classic 30, a used Marshall JCM800, Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20, and Traynor YCV40
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by ghostmouse859

It was between the traynor and the fender hrd and noticed that the traynor didn't have a master volume and the sound quality seemed to take a nosedive after 4.

Anyone have suggestions for an amp i may want to try out other than the deluxe reverb?

The YCV40WR has a master, are you sure that's the one you played? It has 2 channels and one of them has a master. It may be labeled differently tho, it's been months since I played one. I would think it would be very good for what you play. Wow.

On top of what theo rec'd which I second every one of them, add a Peavey Delta Blues and a Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Listen to this man.

And besides, who says you HAVE to buy a Fender? There are tons of other great amps out there, depending on what genres you play...which you haven't mentioned.

Ya I played with a drummer last night... a metal drummer with double bass and 9 symbols, my v33 never got above 4 or 5 even on clean. toobs b lowd!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!