I think this deserved its own thread cuz DOTO is blowing up these days. These are all the highlighting hardcore bands in Doylestown, PA at the moment.

Let Down
www.myspace.com/letxdown

Mother Of Mercy
www.myspace.com/motherofmercyhc

Burdens
www.myspace.com/burdenspa

War Pigs
www.myspace.com/warpigshc

Force Fed
www.myspace.com/forcefedxxx

Concrete Jungle
www.myspace.com/concretejunglepa

CDC
www.myspace.com/cdc

Full Circle
www.myspace.com/fullcirclehc

Layin Waste
www.myspace.com/layinwaste
Last edited by handbanana at Mar 31, 2009,
Those bands all sound -exactly- the same. But hey, sounding exactly like everyone else is how you get signed nowadays, so, whatever, way to go, or whatever you were expecting everyone to say once you posted this.

**** like this makes me glad I gave up the whole hardcore idea long ago though, gotta admit!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Wow, CDC is ****ing awful. Mother of Mercy, Let Down, and War Pigs, on the other hand, are totally awesome. The other bands are pretty good too.
to be honest im not a fan of cdc, although theyr shows are a lot of fun cuz those guys are nuts. they are considerably big for what they are (they are kind of a joke in lansdale though).

some of these bands are younger newer bands like full circle and concrete jungle have members still in high school.

if you dont know let down theyre pretty big right now

mom is just starting to get big and i think theyr great, theyr playing united bloodfest next month

i didnt really used to be into war pigs old stuff, but theyre new stuff is simply amazing. vocals have a lot more emotion, and breathing fire is probably the hottest song in doylestown right now and the album doesnt even come out til enxt month.very sabbath influenced

burdens is my friends band (contains members from Under The Gun, Dead Again, Silence at Daybreak, Layin Waste, Ancestor) and theyre pretty new. theyr ep is up for free download on there site, sounds a lot like converge, cursed, and pulling teeth

layin waste is also a new band, singer is the singer from a life once lost, you might hav seen my other thread about them

but seriously listen to the war pigs sampler, it rules
Last edited by handbanana at Feb 26, 2009,
Let Down is easily my favorite out of that list. Do they share vocalists with Mother of Mercy?
Quote by JxD
Let Down is easily my favorite out of that list. Do they share vocalists with Mother of Mercy?

yes, bob wilson, he rules
Quote by HavokStrife
Those bands all sound -exactly- the same. But hey, sounding exactly like everyone else is how you get signed nowadays, so, whatever, way to go, or whatever you were expecting everyone to say once you posted this.

**** like this makes me glad I gave up the whole hardcore idea long ago though, gotta admit!

rofl, let down and CDC sound exactly the same? get the **** outta here...
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
yeah let down and cdc dont sound close at all, and war pigs definately doesnt sounds like either of them
Quote by saxaxe
I HATE CDC, but I love War Pigs. I saw them with Defeater and This Is Hell and I was really impressed.

i worked with war pigs drummer rinaldo for like 2 years. he used to play drums in Zolof The Rock and Roll Destroyer, a bit of an upgrade i'd say
i'm really enjoying war pigs lately as well as the rest of the doylestown scene
not hardcore, but i realllly wish i could be there for a loss for words, fireworks, this time next year, the wonder years, and title fight on march 11
Quote by cakeschmammert
not hardcore, but i realllly wish i could be there for a loss for words, fireworks, this time next year, the wonder years, and title fight on march 11

That is a killer lineup.
if you like doylestown pop-punk, check out bangarang, theyr not together nemore but still great.

and check out daylight(guitarist from bangarang)
Last edited by handbanana at Apr 10, 2009,
tony, andrew, and justin are my boys
was with all those guys last weekend
tony wants to put a reunion show together, but im pretty sure that nobody else wants to play it so it probably wont happen. andrew told me he refuses to play with taylor again so...
Quote by cakeschmammert

i went to this. it was pretty good i guess. i only went for title fight, it was all some gay 14 years old scene kids for th emost part. Even though i know all the guys from the wonder years and grew up with most of them im not a fan, atheyr all douchebags. Soupy sang "Dayman" from always sunny if your familiar with the show, and completely ruined the humor and butchered it, it was so dissapointed. And the wonder years ****in played like a 40 minutes set so title fight could only play for like 10 minutes, it was sooo gay. I hate those guys

Title Fight is awesome. The only pop/punk band playing at united bloodfest.

fireworks is aight, i dont like theyr singer tho
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
i went to this. it was pretty good i guess. i only went for title fight, it was all some gay 14 years old scene kids for th emost part. Even though i know all the guys from the wonder years and grew up with most of them im not a fan, atheyr all douchebags. Soupy sang "Dayman" from always sunny if your familiar with the show, and completely ruined the humor and butchered it, it was so dissapointed. And the wonder years ****in played like a 40 minutes set so title fight could only play for like 10 minutes, it was sooo gay. I hate those guys

Title Fight is awesome. The only pop/punk band playing at united bloodfest.

fireworks is aight, i dont like theyr singer tho

The Wonder Years rule and are the nicest dudes ever.
i dont have stuff against all of them, but just the other night one of them proved to me once again why i am not a big fan of all those guys

one of the members of the wonder years calls my buddy up, to ask about a show he was playing that night. he asked who was playing. then he asked if a lot of kids were coming out, then he asked if he was getting paid and my friend replied no its a benefit show for luekemia, then he said ok cool bye. he basically wanted to see if he could get the wonder years on the show to make some dough, which in my opinion is kind of ****ty.

bangarang was better than the wonder years in my opinion
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
the GOOD doylestown/north penn bands are Prevail(now Ancestor), Under the Gun (R.I.P.) and Byberry, and this new band Cataleptic Disgorgence is coming out, oh and I forgot the band MEDIC!

And the Doylestown Teen Center had one of the weakest moshes I've ever done, except when the guys from the first band (i was the 7-string player) made the pit brutal by combining push mosh with throwing down.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Looking through this thread i realize that everyone in Doylestown hates each other, lawl.

Btw i Played the show at the Teen Center on March 13th, I was in the first band and was the one playing the Ibanez 7 string if anyone was there.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

Quote by IbanezSA160a
the GOOD doylestown/north penn bands are Prevail(now Ancestor), Under the Gun (R.I.P.) and Byberry, and this new band Cataleptic Disgorgence is coming out, oh and I forgot the band MEDIC!

And the Doylestown Teen Center had one of the weakest moshes I've ever done, except when the guys from the first band (i was the 7-string player) made the pit brutal by combining push mosh with throwing down.

I think you're in the wrong thread, this is for hardcore bands.
Oh I'm sorry, didn't realize deathcore wasn't allowed in the hardcore forum.. tard.
Quote by larrytheguitar

Deathcore and hardcore aren't the same thing and this is the Doylestown HARDCORE thread. So pull your head out of your ass and stop being a jerk.