Great band. I have their eventuality CD. Other good bands like them are Cynic and Canvas Solaris.
damn i just found these guys on last.fm, its awesome!

Remote Viewing is such a tight song
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I just heard them, GOOD STUFF.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Saw them last night, just about every bassist in the room was jaw on the floor, except Andy from Lord who had to go after them. hahahaha
I am me. Live with it.
not to be an asshole but theres been alot of these fusion metal bands around lately, and i dont see how this is jazz...? can someone clue me in

i've heard them before, someone was talking about them on riversofgore
Quote by motoko
not to be an asshole but theres been alot of these fusion metal bands around lately, and i dont see how this is jazz...? can someone clue me in

i've heard them before, someone was talking about them on riversofgore

I don't see how it's jazz either, it has something to do with the bizarre timing. Last night though there was a distinctive latin sound in one of their songs. As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much just prog same goes for just about every other metal band that call themselves jazz fusion.

www.myspace.com/alarummusic

Their myspace has most or all of an album on it if anyone's interested.
I am me. Live with it.
i think fusion and jazz is just the fad genre named given to bands like this but really doesnt have anything to do with it

i looked over their songs i cant tell if they are improvising or w/e but the lead playing notes dont match with the rhythm palying at all, theres heaps of dissonant notes over the chords. they dont have any real jazz harmony or form and they dont swing. maybe im missing something but i dunno
Quote by motoko
i think fusion and jazz is just the fad genre named given to bands like this but really doesnt have anything to do with it

i looked over their songs i cant tell if they are improvising or w/e but the lead playing notes dont match with the rhythm palying at all, theres heaps of dissonant notes over the chords. they dont have any real jazz harmony or form and they dont swing. maybe im missing something but i dunno

I think that was partially their aim. And they aren't improvising they play it note for note live too. It's quite amazing to watch.
I am me. Live with it.
well then i cant call them a fusion band if they arent doing that :P
Quote by madbasslover
This is freaking cool.

You live up to your name then. Bassist is freaking amazing.
I am me. Live with it.