So I think one of my co-workers who is around 40 with a kid in first grade and a wife is going to lose his job and they're going to promote me and have me do his job. He makes almost $100,000 but I won't get anything near that much. I kind of feel like an asshole. He was telling me the other day about how he wants to add an extension on his house and buy a second car for his wife.

Should I say anything?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
As long as he isn't going to be out on the street, dont say a word. If he's making 6 figures chances are he has a good education and history, and will not be jobless for too long. When he wants an "Extension" on the house and and "Extra" car, theres no need to feel sorry if he has the necessities.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
Quote by voodoochild78
As long as he isn't going to be out on the street, dont say a word. If he's making 6 figures chances are he has a good education and history, and will not be jobless for too long. When he wants an "Extension" on the house and and "Extra" car, theres no need to feel sorry if he has the necessities.

this, he'll be okay. and if you need to maybe help him out if it get's bad.
Well I know he doesn't have a great education, he's just been at this company for a long time. He was hoping to add to his house and get a car for his wife with some money he's been saving, guess nto anymore.

I just feel bad because I feel like I'm taking his job.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Well if he can afford new cars and extensions he obviously has a bit of money saved up for emergencies.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by voodoochild78

You'd be surprised how many people have an amazing education and get put out on the streets at one point in their lives anyway.

To answer the TS, I would tell him. I doubt it'd matter, but at least it'd be the right thing to do. If you're feeling like an asshole for knowing what's likely going to happen, then tell him. That's your conscious telling you to do the right thing.
How do you know he isn't also getting promoted?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I think you should at least tell him ... it would hurt a lot more if he found out through the grapevine you were getting his job and you never mentioned it. It's an awkward and difficult conversation but you'll manage ... just let him know you were approached and that you weren't seeking to take his position. Maybe also through in the fact you'll be paid a lot less for doing the same work.

Is he completely out of a job? Or just getting a new one with a pay cut?

But don't feel like its your fault ... its life, especially right now. The higher-ups must have seen something that you and he don't, and it is incredibly hard to change their minds, so just accept it and be happy you're still employed.
Quote by voodoochild78

exactly what I thought..
keep ure mouth shut.. he'll get a damn awesome job pretty fast.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..