Page 1 of 2
I'm surprised at the lack of a Running Wild thread. I KNOW there's atleast a few fans that browse these forums.

Running Wild were one of the 3 bands that REALLY launched their career from the infamous Death Metal split. The band released some quality speed/thrash for quite some time. 1987 saw the release of Under Jolly Roger, from then on the band focused almost exclusively on lyrics having to deal with pirates. Their sound eventually meandered towards teutonic power.

The band manages to sound very piratey without resorting to gimmicks. (*cough Alestorm cough*)

Crazy fun band that any metal fan should enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/runningwildmusic
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Feb 26, 2009,
Running Wild Kicks so much ass they are definitely one of my favorite bands.
There's no Running Wild thread apart from this? HHHWHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAT?

Very very good band.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I've listened to Black Hand Inn a ton of times, of late I've been more into The Rivalry and Blazon Stone.
Quote by Shabadoo
I've listened to Black Hand Inn a ton of times, of late I've been more into The Rivalry and Blazon Stone.

Other than Black Hand Inn, I've been giving the first three a generous number of listens.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Apr 30, 2009,
I should probably check this band out. What would be the best album to start with?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Under Jolly Roger
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Port Royal, followed closely by Black Hand Inn, are my favorites. But really, they've been so consistant over the years its pretty much all worth a listen.

Just forget about the stuff after The Rivalry, full of completely bland drum machine-isms.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
I have been spinning Blazon Stone and Black Hand Inn everyday for the last two weeks.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Old news, but this band is officially dead. There was virtually no hope for another classic release, but this means I'll never have the opportunity to see them live.

Ah well, 33 (or 23 rather) years of some of the best metal out there.
The chorus and pre-chorus to "Under Jolly Roger" is probably the best thing ever.

FLY OUR FLAG, WE TEACH THEM FEAR! CAPTURE THEM, THE END IS NEAR! FIRING GUNS, THEY SHALL BURN! SURRENDER OR FIGHT, THERE'S NO RETURN!

UUUUUNDER JOLLY ROGEEEEEEEEER!
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Holy god damn this is awesome, Powerslave your one of my favorite metal forum posters, im gonna get an album
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
If I remember correctly(player isn't working) the stuff on their myspace is off their latest, and worst album. Try Under Jolly Roger, Death or Glory, and Black Hand Inn.
These guys are like a manly, badass, much more musically adept version of Dragonforce.

Odd that these chaps don't get too much mention 'round many parts. They're certainly awesome. And I instantly want their CDs.
I've found Jesus
There farewell show is at Wacken, which is both sold out and shit.
Lame.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Farewell?!??!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still pissed that I can't find any of this bands (good) albums anywhere.
^ I refuse to DL though, I'd just much rather have a physical copy. Maybe I'll pick up their Best Of.. album to tide me over until I can find some of their stuff at a decent price.
bump.

Such an awesome band. Just got into these guys recently, my dad found his old copy of Death or Glory, and recommended that I give it a listen. Brilliiance ensued. Currently looking for somewhere to buy Under Jolly Roger for a reasonable price.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Face In The Wind We Are Riding The Storm, We'll Stay Our Course Whateverrr May Comee, Wandering Souls In The Sea Of The Damned, Deaath Or Glory Oooo We Are Riding The Storm <3
I only have Gates to Purgatory, which is a decent speed metal album. More than decent, as a matter of face. Still, listening to some those youtube songs, I reckon I've been missing out!
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I still haven't gotten round to that album yet. I have Under Jolly Roger and Death or Glory, which are fantastic albums.
THE AXEMAN!!

under Jolly Roger, Death or Glory, Gates to Purgatory and Black Hand Inn are all brilliant albums, some of the best heavy metal ones ever. Not given any of the other ones a listen yet, i'm too busy listening to those 4!
I'm looking at getting a copy of Black hand Inn, but I have other CD's a little higher up the to do list at the moment; and I don't really want to dl it.
THE AXEMAN!!

Many moons ago, in a faraway land
We met an old man with a hook for a hand
He showed us a map that lead to treasures untold
He said, "I'll give ye the map, if ye give me some gold."
-accordion jig-
Hey!
-accordion jig-
Quote by Atomic_Assault
I'm looking at getting a copy of Black hand Inn, but I have other CD's a little higher up the to do list at the moment; and I don't really want to dl it.

Youtube it?

Or just listen to the songs Black Hand Inn, The Privateer and Souless.
I know, and I will use Youtube until i get a copy; but I've got a bit of a CD/vinyl fetish, I love having real copies of albums. I buy just about everything I can afford to.
THE AXEMAN!!

Aye thats understandable, i was like that until i started needing the money for other things and running out of room for the ones i do buy!
I'm moving out in September, so I have a feeling I'm going to have to reign in that habit of mine. Most of my cash at the moment is already going towards that, anyway. ****ing real life.
THE AXEMAN!!

PORT ROYAL
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
bit of a running wild renaissance happening with me

O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Page 1 of 2