Any one know of a method to make artificial tobacco stains on a pickguard?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Why don;'t you just do it in the real way?
Get a couple of cigars, and poke away =]
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Rub tobbacco on it.

/common sense.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by LateStart
Where would "natural" tobacco stains come from? In your normal playing, when have you ever had a tobacco stain appear on your pickguard?

I hope youre not being serious.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
pickguards don't take staining too well. Other plastic parts do, but generally pickgaurds don't. Tabacco being used to stain isn't something I've heard about, but I standed some knobs with Coffee and Tea and it worked out.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by LateStart
I'm being serious. Can you answer my questions?

wow thanks for completely blowing off my post.
In anycase, I don't quite understand this "tabacco" stain idea... is it supposed to stain it like smoke does, or do the leaves actually get dissolved and then used? I'm not sure. I'm sure, you could somehow rig up a box filled with smoke or something.

Tea and Coffee, though, that's the key for staining plastic parts, but like I said, most pickgaurds don't do it well. Most pickgaurds today don't stain too easily. I know tortoise shell and peraloid generally will, but white, parchment and aged ones generally won't, it has to do with the material used. I've got an old perloid guard that's stained this nasty vintage aged yellow from smoking around the bass, sun light exposure and stage lights, but I've also got a white pickguard off a strat that's older than that that still looks new.

I'm pretty much saying, "what material is your pickguard?" and "You're better off buying one the color you want."
Quote by LateStart
I don't think this was directed at me but I was quoted? The op didn't answer my questions, just to be clear.

yes, it did. pickguards don't stain well, it just wasn't the answer you wanted.
Quote by Thomme
In anycase, I don't quite understand this "tabacco" stain idea... is it supposed to stain it like smoke does, or do the leaves actually get dissolved and then used? I'm not sure. I'm sure, you could somehow rig up a box filled with smoke or something.

Tea and Coffee, though, that's the key for staining plastic parts, but like I said, most pickgaurds don't do it well. Most pickgaurds today don't stain too easily. I know tortoise shell and peraloid generally will, but white, parchment and aged ones generally won't, it has to do with the material used. I've got an old perloid guard that's stained this nasty vintage aged yellow from smoking around the bass, sun light exposure and stage lights, but I've also got a white pickguard off a strat that's older than that that still looks new.

I'm pretty much saying, "what material is your pickguard?" and "You're better off buying one the color you want."

Yea i meant like the smoke.
any idea on how long it'd take to stain if were to rig up a box?
Quote by letsgocoyote
Quote by LateStart
Where would "natural" tobacco stains come from? In your normal playing, when have you ever had a tobacco stain appear on your pickguard?

Quote by Little_Buster
I hope youre not being serious.

Quote by Thomme
pickguards don't take staining too well. Other plastic parts do, but generally pickgaurds don't. Tabacco being used to stain isn't something I've heard about, but I standed some knobs with Coffee and Tea and it worked out.

Quote by LateStart
I'm being serious. Can you answer my questions?

Quote by Thomme

Quote by LateStart
I don't think this was directed at me but I was quoted? The op didn't answer my questions, just to be clear.

Quote by Thomme
yes, it did. pickguards don't stain well, it just wasn't the answer you wanted.

I didn't "blow off" your post. It just wasn't the answer to the question I asked the OP. Of course it wasn't the answer I wanted. If I asked for the answer to 2+2, I don't want to hear 5. I want the correct answer. So I'm sure the OP appreciates your info but it didn't help me at all.

The OP answered the question with his last post. Little_Buster, I think there might be a couple of relic'ing threads around that may help. But I imagine lots of light, and perhaps in a chain smoker's house will work pretty good.