Newest track - 3 guitars, drums, synthesizers, and vocals
Mixed with Garageband. and I used an acoustic and electric guitar during the song.
I sing, play the guitar - the drums though are a loop.

Time to complete, 20hours or so...

Its in my UG profile, lyrics posted there also.

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by JJ2003 at Feb 26, 2009,
Nice groove, really mellow. Distorted guitar around 1 min sounds really great, like how its crunchy but subtle and in the background.

Not a big fan of the "backup vocals" in around 1:40. You did it fine, don't think its a tech issue... just think you would need someone else with a different voicing for it to work. The same person singing the backup vox sounds odd.

Tempo change around 2:30 takes a bit long (its a lengthy instrumental that kind of meanders). Have to say again, the distorted guitar comes back at 3:20 or so and I'm really diggin it. The distorted solo around 3:45? I like the pitch and sound of the guitar but the solo itself is a little bland to be as long as it is.

I think you could probably reduce the instrumental bits and some of the repetition, scale the song back to 3 or 3.5 mins and it'd be a lot tighter. It drags a bit at current length.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076238
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I had a version of this song at 3min but I didnt like it..
I love long songs. I'm a huge Floyd fan - if I could I'd break this down into full keyboards and sound effects, - make it 7-8min long ha.
As for the solo's dragging out, I want them to be that long, I just don't have the skill on the guitar yet to make them really really interesting for that long of a period..
Its all a work in progress..
Thanks.