So here's the low-down:

I'm looking for a decent 2X12 cab to compliment my Laney GH50L and my stylistic choice of methulz.

Obviously I'm on a bit of a budget but I won't post it just yet, for now I'll just say cheap and see what you guys throw at me; if you really need it I will come up with some kind of figure...

Edit: Forgot to say; teh br00talz may be my first choice in terms of tone but obviously some versatility is always nice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
to be completely honest, i heard that the laney gets quite good sounds out of its own cab (the one laney sells as GH50L cab) even though it has only cheaper speakers in it..i'd try it!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
VADER for brutal and headroom
marshall has good 212s, with v30s....uhhh 1936v?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
If you can get your hands on a Framus 2x12cab, take her. I tried my Laney with one and it sounded awesome. +it's not that pricey.

Generally, everything with V30's or g12T-75 are good, for teh br00talz get some g12T-75. They have a good lowend and sound pretty nice but can sound a bit muddy if you're playing on low volumes. You have two crank your amp to get a nice clean sound with them, though.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Last edited by OrangeWalls at Feb 26, 2009,
Ok, so going by people's recommendations I've found these:

Marshall 1922 (Celestion G12T-75s)

http://www.dv247.com/invt/61284/

Laney GS212IE (Celestion Seventy 80s)

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG02758

Someone make the choice for me, I have no free will!

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ok, so going by people's recommendations I've found these:

Marshall 1922 (Celestion G12T-75s)

http://www.dv247.com/invt/61284/

Laney GS212IE (Celestion Seventy 80s)

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG02758

Someone make the choice for me, I have no free will!

Mhm I have used my Gh50L with both.

The Seventy 80s are known as good budget speaker. They were pretty good, but were quite a bit muddy, espacially at low volumes. They didn't had the lowend the G12T-75s have. BUT, they had a slightly better clean sound.

The G12T-75 I'm currently using have a good Lowend, but you have to crank your amp to get a decent sound out of them. They are better than the seventy 80s, no doubt, but you can't go wrong with either, at least IMO.

I'd say, get the marshall cab.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

Vader cabs are known for doing metal, but are VERY versatile and have an insane amount of headroom. They may not be the best for classic rock as there is virtually no speaker breakup, but smooth jazz and blues come quite easily.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Vader cabs are known for doing metal, but are VERY versatile and have an insane amount of headroom. They may not be the best for classic rock as there is virtually no speaker breakup, but smooth jazz and blues come quite easily.

and more importantly, METAL
a versatile cab though..... i am still waiting
and to the marshall cab, sounds good man.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Marshall 2x12 is MDF, one step up from particle board. WAY overpriced.
Quote by OrangeWalls
If you can get your hands on a Framus 2x12cab, take her. I tried my Laney with one and it sounded awesome. +it's not that pricey.

Generally, everything with V30's or g12T-75 are good, for teh br00talz get some g12T-75. They have a good lowend and sound pretty nice but can sound a bit muddy if you're playing on low volumes. You have two crank your amp to get a nice clean sound with them, though.

This. Framus 212s are awesome. I could never mix head and cab brands myself however, the aesthetical issues it would cause would be unbearable. I'm quite OCD about things like that.
Framus 2x12

Even cheaper than the Marshall 2x12. It seems to be a british shop, so shipping cost should be not to high. Buy it now, thank me later.

Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

Quote by OrangeWalls
Framus 2x12

Even cheaper than the Marshall 2x12. It seems to be a british shop, so shipping cost should be not to high. Buy it now, thank me later.

framus!
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by al112987
Marshall 2x12 is MDF, one step up from particle board. WAY overpriced.

+1.

Can you save up a bit more for an Orange? In the US, the Orange cab costs a bit more than the Vader (I've heard Vader cabs weren't good value in Europe, but idk).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
+1.

Can you save up a bit more for an Orange? In the US, the Orange cab costs a bit more than the Vader (I've heard Vader cabs weren't good value in Europe, but idk).

didnt vader get a distributor in europe? i definitely could be wrong
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
didnt vader get a distributor in europe? i definitely could be wrong

yeah, but the website of them is offline Vader Cabinets Europe The official site of clandestine.it also has Vader not longer listed.

Quote by aznrockerdude

an orange would definitely fit his needs, but sadly they are about 500gbp. The only cheaper orange would be this. But since this cab as an open back I doubt you can use it for Metal
Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

Quote by OrangeWalls
Framus 2x12

I think I love you...now to convince the parents that touching the saving I have is a good idea...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I think I love you...now to convince the parents that touching the saving I have is a good idea...

Haha, no problem dude

I'm just working hard to make it on the "recognised by the offical who to listen to list" one day...
Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

Not that it helps now that you've already decided, but definitely go with the Framus cab. The V30s in it should sound much better with your Laney than anything with G12T-75s could ever hope to sound.

G12T-75s are decent speakers but very much an acquired taste for MANY amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com