Poll: Would you be happy with your life if you never made it as a rock star?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you be happy with your life if you never made it as a rock star?
Yes
428 81%
No
101 19%
Voters: 529.
Page 1 of 4
This is where you stop lying to yourself and choose...

Private poll: would you truly be happy if you never made it as a rock star and ended up being a mediocre musician?

And by mediocre I don't mean sucky, I mean playing small gigs at a coffee shop every once in a while rather than topping the charts and blasting stadium.

This is where you stop lying to yourself and really ask if you're in it for the fame or for the music. I know a lot of you really do have a passion for music but I could definitely tell that there's also a lot of people that's just in it more to live the "rock star life" than for the love of music.

Seriously be honest with yourself and really think about it before you answer.
Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Feb 26, 2009,
I dont really care if i dont become a "rockstar", I want to be a musical artist, anyone who really loves their music should know that.
I would just like to be recognized a little bit. To aspire to be another b.b. king is hard to grasp.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Probably never truly happy, it would be like this unachieved objective nagging at the back of my head.

EDIT: And it doesn't have anything to do with the fame aspect of it, I play pretty underground music, the whole aspect of playing in front of people is what I like about it.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Feb 26, 2009,
I think this is a rather pointless question, considering that probably know one who replies will even become slightly famous.

And to answer your question, yes, I would be happy.
I only took up the guitar as a hobby and to be different from my friends, not to become a big "rockstar".
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Hahaha, I'm the only no vote...
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
if you're just known for your rockstar antics, then you really arent that much of a musician. Most musicians just want their music to be heard. At least that is what I want.
No... i won't.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
I hate "rock star" clichés. I want to play music and teach other people to play it, couldn't care less about having alot of money.
Well I want my life to involve playing in some way, by it for fun or as a profesional. My passion for music is too big for me to quit music if I don't hit it big.

I'll just aim to be a washed-up Dylan cover artist in my hometown.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Well wait. Coffee shop gigs, to me, implies poverty and scraping through life. I voted "yes", because I can't see myself in an office, but I'll be damned if I put my "musical integrity" before a family and a decent life.
If I become a professional musician, I want to be a ****in' star bro. I want to kick some ass and be the guy on stage all the chicks want to bang.

-cookie for reference-
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I've never wanted fame.

I've wanted recognition, and some notoriety, but never full on fame. I couldn't stand to be as famous as Coldplay or RHCP.

If anything I would want a career like Pelican, Minus the Bear, Russian Circles, etc. Get to tour, have loving fans, and live comfortably. This would mean I would have a job back home after the touring, as well.

I could live fine that way.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm in it for the music but i'd also love to be famous purely for the fact i could inspire more then i normally would if i wasn't signed.
I want to be a musician.
I would like to be famous in my own way.
But not known by almost everyone.
Quote by fallenangel20
I've never wanted fame.

I've wanted recognition, and some notoriety, but never full on fame. I couldn't stand to be as famous as Coldplay or RHCP.

If anything I would want a career like Pelican, Minus the Bear, Russian Circles, etc. Get to tour, have loving fans, and live comfortably. This would mean I would have a job back home after the touring, as well.

I could live fine that way.

+1. Well said, that man.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i would be perfectly happy just doing part time gigs on the side of a fulltime job, say for example a music teacher or whatever. aslong as i get to make music, then i'm happy
No way.
I'm gonna make it.
**** anybody who stands in my way.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
famous would be great, but i guess, if i get noticed alittle bit play a few shows here and there that would be fine
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Well...
I want a decent income from playing/writing music, or just generally from working in the industry. The recognition would be nice, but I'm not too fussed.

If I don't make it? Oh well... I've got my plan B, and plan C... so it's all good.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
I hate the word rockstar. It's annoying. Hannah montanna is a pop star, THat is what rock star makes me think of.
I wanna be like Buckethead status. Crazy good, but not very unknown. Just in the middle. Like Blue Oyster Cult. Great band people may know a song or two, but if you mention the name at school of 3 thousand, maybe ten would recognize the name.
Well I plan to try and scrape by playing gigs in pubs and small places around the city and making another job if my income is not enough, putting CD's out would be immense but I wouldn't be bothered about the typical ideals of 'fame' I can't imagine i'd turn it down but i'd be happy just to be known as a good musicain and writer rather than a press-*****.
I won't be truly happy because I just really want to do what I love and be able to make a living out of it. Yes, I'm in it for the music, but ofcourse I'd want to be able to get that music to as many people as possible, and play in front of as many people as possible. I'm already at the "playing in bars" stage, and our band has only been performing for a few weeks, and I'm perfectly fine with it for now, but my dream has just been to play music for a living, to feel the thrill of those giant stages, and seeing all those people feeling good and really enjoying themselves while I play..

*dreams* Yeah,, I'm in the middle of writing and recording an album, so I might be there sooner rather than later^^'.. I'd love to just play music and not have a care in the world besides writing music :3
I don't care about being a rockstar.

But if, I'll never settle for mediocre talent and mediocre oppurtunities. I'd do everything possible to make something of myself.

That's why me and my band are moving to London in August. Hopefully gigging everywhere from Brighton to Manchester.
without music i have no reason to live i dont care if i completly suck dont play a gig and have to use some 60 year old beat up acoustic with 3 strings,

I JUST WANNA ROCK!!

Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by BlackandSilver
If I become a professional asshole, I want to be a ****in' star bro. I want to kick some ass and be the guy on stage all the chicks want to bang.

-cookie for reference-

fixxed
I just want to be able to play guitar like the best of them and if I'm really lucky maybe even better lol
If I happen to make a career out of it then thats great but if not I'll still be a pretty decent guitarist
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by Myfirstpubes
fixxed

Somehow, that was less insulting from a user named "Myfirstpubes." =/ Seriously, it was a joke. I want to play music because it's ****ing fun, seeing the world and getting huge crowds just makes it more awesome.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I'd love to be a big rock star, but it's not the biggest thing for me. As long as I can make the music I love and make a living doing it, I'm satisfied, regardless of how well known I am.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by 67_67 at Feb 26, 2009,
I wasn't sure what this meant.

I want to be a great musician. But I have absolutely ZERO intentions of hitting the mainstream. I'd rather play in some medium sized venues for real fans that listen to real music.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I'd love to be a 'rock star' but i'm not in it for the money of the lifestyle (it's just an amazing perk)
I just want thousands to hear my music.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I don't know, because I'm not doing that. But I think I probably would, yes.
Up The Boro!
Quote by BlackandSilver
Somehow, that was less insulting from a user named "Myfirstpubes." =/ Seriously, it was a joke. I want to play music because it's ****ing fun, seeing the world and getting huge crowds just makes it more awesome.

srry, cant really tell sarcasm through the internet.
Even tho i love music and would probably enjoy being a "rockstar", i still also enjoy my degree and so would be totes happy doing anything related to that.
I definitely would be. I just want to be in a band and play some local shows once and a while, maybe some other cities around here. Even that probably won't happen. It's so difficult to find others who want to play the same things and aren't total douchebags =[
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Page 1 of 4