So, like the title says, I am looking around at maybe getting a new amp there and would have about 800-900$ CND to spend on an amp. I play mostly metal (Metallica, Megadeth, LoG, Down). Thoughts?

I will not be going used as I am using there financing plan in order to accomplish this, so that's not really an option for me.

Thanks.
What's wrong with the Bugera???

I would reccomend a single rectifier. It will do all those and more.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

I would reccomend a single rectifier. It will do all those and more.

Really, the single gets all that gain? Because they do in fact have a single rec there for 950, but I do not have a cab unfortunately.

The Bugera went down on me. I went to Cancun for a week and when I left it worked great. When I came back and turned it on, everything lights up but no sound comes out. Nothing seems to be going to the tubes as they didn't light up or get hot. Buddy of mine who works there said he'd only charge me a 10$ rental fee on the bugera on what the total I paid was, and then I could use the rest on a new amp. I figured it was a pretty good deal considering I've had it for only six months and it'd be more than what I'd get for it if I sold it locally. Figured I'd ask if anyone here knew any good amps there for all my metal needs.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by suffersystem

The Bugera went down on me. I went to Cancun for a week and when I left it worked great. When I came back and turned it on, everything lights up but no sound comes out. Nothing seems to be going to the tubes as they didn't light up or get hot. Buddy of mine who works there said he'd only charge me a 10$ rental fee on the bugera on what the total I paid was, and then I could use the rest on a new amp. I figured it was a pretty good deal considering I've had it for only six months and it'd be more than what I'd get for it if I sold it locally. Figured I'd ask if anyone here knew any good amps there for all my metal needs.

Oh. Very good friend.
Can you try a Randall RG50tc? The new 6505+112 combo is due out in a few months but that may be too long to wait for. Argh, I dread the thought of buying new and paying interest on top of that.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 26, 2009,