I'm doing a multi-colored design on a guitar body and I've heard rattlecans have long cure times. I'm in no rush to get the body to a 'finished' state, as most of the parts won't be here for another month or so. Should I clearcoat after all the colors have been put down or should I wait as long as possible to clearcoat? I'm using Rustoleum Painter's Touch cans if that makes a difference.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
The painter's touch cans are enamel, so first off make sure you're going to be putting on a compatible clear coat. If you do, it will re-wet the colors underneath to some degree, so just give them a day or two more than the cans call for since the clear will re-wet them anyhow, then shoot your clear.

The waiting part comes after the clear is shot, as it tends to take about a month before the clear is set up hard enough to wet sand and polish.
So the clearcoat should be put on a few days after the typical dry time for the cans? No reason to delay clearcoating to let the colors cure?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
nah, a day or two did me fine. Depends on the type of look you're going for. I wasn't looking for a mirror, I wanted a dull blue, and i got that in under two weeks time, TOTAL. So basically, it all depends, If I didn't have to rush it, I'd do it again properly over the time of like a month and a half.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Spray very light mist coats for the first couple of clearcoat layers. If the paint will be re-wetting you don't want anything bleeding etc.

It does depend on what clearcoat you're using for how long you need to leave it. I'm in the UK and use Halfords clear gloss lacquer (for car bodies). It says leave 2 weeks to cure and I've never had any problems wet sanding and polishing after that long.

However, I'm pretty sure that other types of lacquer take much longer to cure. Just check the suggested cure time.