Well, I just bought a tube amp, so I'm a little strapped for cash. Thus, a new amp would definately be out of the question.

So, what settings and pedals would I have to have to have the tone of Stratovarius's tone? The amp I have is a Peavey Classic 30 and I have a DigiTech Grunge Dist. pedal, Boss Flanger, and a Dunlop Wah (No pots).
You want your guitar to sound like a violin?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by The.new.guy
Why not?

Sustainer, OD pedal, distorted channel, echo or reverb, and a swell pedal.

But how 'bout that one band?

You know - the one named after the Violins?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Right, well uh, a few companies make pedals that have large sound banks that synthesise any input into certain other sounds. No idea of specific brand or model names, all I know is 'they exist'. Bill Bailey used one on a tour of his to make an acoustic guitar sound like a banjo, flute and string section, so I would assume there is one out there that could make a violin sound.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'm coming pretty close with my amp. Gain and reverb on 10, bass on 7, mid 6, amd treble 4. Atleast for stratosphere that is.
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
He's talking about Stratovarius, not Stradivari.
And he wants Timo Tolkki's tone :P

Quote by MrFlibble
Right, well uh, a few companies make pedals that have large sound banks that synthesise any input into certain other sounds. No idea of specific brand or model names, all I know is 'they exist'. Bill Bailey used one on a tour of his to make an acoustic guitar sound like a banjo, flute and string section, so I would assume there is one out there that could make a violin sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kNliNXJlM < This, the Roland GR20, I'm going to pick one up in a few weeks actually.
Last edited by Orbit91 at Feb 26, 2009,