basically i am at a crossroads and want to get the end all be all amp... or atleast something that comes close...i want a stack.... i play alot of rock... am starting to get into blues stuff alot... and every once in a while i like to get some heavy metal going... i understand that there are amps that do each of these things very very well... but im looking for the jack of all trades... maybe not great at any one of these genres but can do them all fairl well.... any sug. will help.. also cab suggestions
Er...Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk. II, Diezel Einstein/VH4, Peters stuff, Bogner stuff, ENGL SE...

Budget?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Look into Bogner's Alchemist series. It's a good place to start discovering what you do or don't like about amps that model or do mulitple styles. Heard good things about Hughes and Kettner too.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
A Randall with the modules, idr the exact name. Get one with 2 channels, so you can have one for blues/light rock and one for heavier stuff. Or a three-channel one, for even more variety.
I second a Randall with modules. I haven't heard them, but I've heard they are very good and the different modules make them very versital.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
engl invader, some diezel stuff, h&k triamp, if you are on a tighter budget then get a marshall jvm. and cab wise you cant go wrong with a nice boogie cab. blackstar do some nice ones too. and orange.
No budget?
Fractal Audio Axe Fx with a Mesa poweramp and two higher end cabs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
what everyone else recommended if youve got a lot of money. otherwise, the line 6 flextone or maybe the randall rm modules..
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Dunno, Mesa Mark 4/5? Diezel vh4?

^or what he said, AXEFX for the motherloving versatility awesome win
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by theoreticmusic
Er...Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk. II, Diezel Einstein/VH4, Peters stuff, Bogner stuff, ENGL SE...

Budget?

+1

Got to hear that amp a live setup tuesday. And it had the best tone I have heard and the band played everything from Jazz, Blues to Van Halen and it handled it with ease.
Axe FX and a power amp
Diezel VH4 or Herbert
Bogner XTC
Mesa Rectifiers ( not great cleans, versatile gain though)
Framus Cobra

So many more but those are my favorites.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
No budget???? Okay here:

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+
Mesa Boogie Mark V
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
Mesa Boogie Triaxis
Mesa Boogie 50/50
ENGL SE 6L6
ENGL Savage
ENGL Invader
Diezel Herbert
VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead
Marshall JCM 900 (boosted for metal)
Marshall JTM 45 (boosted for metal)
Marshall 1959
Hughes and Kettner Triamp MK II
EVH 5150 III
Peavey JSX
Peavey XXX
Peavey 3120
Peavey 5150
Soldano Hot Rod 100 Plus
Soldano SLO-100
Soldano Avenger
Framus Dragon
Framus Cobra
Splawn Nitro
Splawn Quickrod
Bogner Alchemist
Bogner Ecstacy
Fender Twin Reverb (pedals)
Fender Hot Rod (pedals)
Roland JC-120 (pedals)

Cabs:
Quote by bulletrocks522
No budget???? Okay here:
redundant amp list

You know, it gets annoying when people come into threads and recommend the same 25 expensive amps they can think of off the tops of their heads. Not all of those are quite right for this guy, and some of them are just downright wrong. Don't try to be WTF.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
You know, it gets annoying when people come into threads and recommend the same 25 expensive amps they can think of off the tops of their heads. Not all of those are quite right for this guy, and some of them are just downright wrong. Don't try to be WTF.

True, it is quite annoying when he does that. Im no help here, sorry TS.
The Randall MTS series has a bunch of modules, although I can't vouch for their quality, I've never played 'em.
Fractal Audio Axe FX and Atomic Amp Cab.

Don't judge me.
Line 6 Vetta or HD147
Randall RM100 or RM4 w/ Poweramp
Axe FX
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by andrew b emmel
what do you people think about the bugera 333 or the 333xl...

Still looking for some sort of budget...
I would say the H & K Triamp, but since i saw your budget i'd say either a switchblade or a trilogy if you have the money (Trilogy is exactly 2k where im from, but im in canada). Or if you want to save some money a traynor ycs 100 is really nice for a good price.
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
Quote by The_Bosstone
Still looking for some sort of budget...

under 2 grand. look a little harder.

you don't want a Bugera with that budget. You can afford the amps they're designed to emulate.

Don't judge me.
Are you looking for a head under $2k or a stack under $2k?

There are few stacks I would want under $2,000.

If you're planning on spending that kind of money you should do some research by playing more amps, not asking for what to buy. $2,000 is a lot to spend blindly.

Just for the sake of recommending something:
Line 6 Vetta II
Mesa's in general are quite versatile, weak on the midgain, but they can do it
Marshall JVM's or modded JCM800's
Splawn Nitro or Quickrod
Framus Cobras/Dragons
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i agree i should play as many as i can.. but i live in minot north dakota where there are three tiiiiiiiiny music shops.... the closest music shop of any significant size is on the other side of the state
Yeah, it's understandable.

It's always better to know what to hunt down before you actually go hunting. It would take a great deal of driving before the costs outweigh the value though.

I found the best thing to do is try out amps while on vacation. Florida and big cities out west stock up on huge amounts of high dollar gear.

For instance, many people recommend the Mesa Roadking as the Jack of All trades amp; if you try one out before you buy it, you might come to realization that I had when I owned it.

You might be able to get the tiny shops to swing a few high dollar amps in to try out. what i've found is the tiny shops may carry a bunch of low end stuff, but they have a few really high dollar brands as potential inventory. Where i'm going to school in WV, which is very rural, not many big stores with much gear, they can place orders for Bogner, Diezel, Mesa Boogie to name a few high dollar brands.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Feb 27, 2009,
I've been to Minot. It's out in the middle of no where. Is the 'Big Buffalo' still there?

Anyway, listen to MESA. He knows his sh!t. There was a Splawn Quickrod in Sioux Falls the other day but I don't see it anymore.

If you pick your gear well the first time you can trade up pretty easily and not loose out. Keep hunting craigslist and ebay. Use the link in my sig. Do what MESA said too.

just another 2 cents

Edit: I thought this was a different thread Oh well, most of what I said still applies.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 27, 2009,