OK, the first time I put this thread up, I got booed out because nobody believed me. But now that I have a way of explaining it, I think I have a better hold on it.

Here's what you do: take a screwdriver and LOOSEN the metal corners on the side of your amp/cabinet make sure you plug it into the place where the sound is coming from! If you plug this into a amp head, it won't work. Then take a metal wire (It doesn't matter whether it's stripped or not, this won't have a current running through it) the more resonant the metal, the better. Make sure the wire is long enough so that it will still have some slack, but make sure you can twist it to keep it's shape. Put this under the metal corners and tighten them back up. Now you can turn on your amp and bend the wire around until you find a sound you like. Make it zig-zag, curl, straight, or whatever.

What happens is that once the speaker starts vibrating, the wire will pick up the vibrations and send them back into the amp to be picked up by the speaker's coil and make the sound last longer. It also filters out some hum. Though the wire is pretty useless if you play with distortion, if you play through your amp clean such as jazz players, etc. you may like the sound if your ears are trained enough to hear it
what?

this has to be one of the most obserd things I have read here....

what ever you are smoking, you need to quit

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
That makes a total of no electrical sense.

Amps pick up electrical signal, so unless you have live wires swinging from your cabinet (which in itself is a stupid idea) it will not do a thing. Unless you have a pickup on the wire.
Maybe, If you make a video demonstrating this, more people will believe you.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by ther0ckg0d
What happens is that once the speaker starts vibrating, the wire will pick up the vibrations and send them back into the amp to be picked up by the speaker's coil and make the sound last longer. It also filters out some hum.
No, no, and .... lol, no.

Quote by ther0ckg0d
OK, the first time I put this thread up, I got booed out because nobody believed me. But now that I have a way of explaining it, I think I have a better hold on it.
You don't have a hold on anything here.

Boo. Go away.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
...wtf are you talking about?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
in the imortal words of Fred McAuley

FUCKIN' BOOOO!!!
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
You didn't make much more sense. Maybe pictures of the final product would help?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
umm, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Troll?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Troll?
ya know, Chuck. i was just thinking the same thing when i saw this thread again.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Trolls in the GB&C? I didn't even know we had a bridge. O_o
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
just came back to say....what?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."