Page 1 of 2
I know there are people from all over the world in the pit, so I was wondering what some of the offensive hand gestures are where you live, all we really have in canada is the good ol' "middle finger"
In Iraq:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by guitarockstar99
what does that mean? the peace sign backwards...
Originally it meant Victory after the war, it's sort of mutated over the years to "fuck off/you"
'Get it up ye' gesture that I really can't think how to explain.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
middle finger!!
and the SHOCKA!!!!! lol

im from Chicago.

Also, idk if this would be considered a hand gesture, but in Iraq, they hit you with a shoe if the dont like you...
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Quote by freedoms_stain
Originally it meant Victory after the war, it's sort of mutated over the years to "fuck off/you"

Possibly apocryphal, but it is often said to have a lot to do with the French cutting off those two fingers when they captured English soldiers, to prevent them from using a bow again.
Once again, possibly apocryphal, but I can't be arsed checking.

EDIT: there's also the good old 'wanker' or 'c0cksucker' ones.
Quote by freedoms_stain

really? I've heard of this from your part of the world, but I thought that it was because captured archers had those two fingers cut off so scots would hold them up proud like "look what I still got you Limey wankers"

Edit: Doh, bad timing and wrong facts FTL
Quote by KillerNapkin
middle finger!!
and the SHOCKA!!!!! lol

im from Chicago.

Also, idk if this would be considered a hand gesture, but in Iraq, they hit you with a shoe if the dont like you...

As far as I know, that counts for most of the world.
Quote by eazy-c
'Get it up ye' gesture that I really can't think how to explain.

Lay arms flat in front of you, put the wrist of your left hand onto the joint of the right arm, and move your right arm towards your head, ensuring the right fist is closed at all times.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by MightyAl
Possibly apocryphal, but it is often said to have a lot to do with the French cutting off those two fingers when they captured English soldiers, to prevent them from using a bow again.

Tha's where it comes from, showing the french that they still had their fingers. A sort of up yours to the french.

In some of continental Europe there's one where you bite your thumbnail and pull the thumb away sharply
Bring cows, many cows.
Last edited by funk_solo at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by Sublimical
really? I've heard of this from your part of the world, but I thought that it was because captured archers had those two fingers cut off so scots would hold them up proud like "look what I still got you Limey wankers"

*QI buzzers go off*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Middle finger, balling up your fist and shaking it sideways(does not mean wanking, means getting ****ed in the arse), balling up both fists and bringing them together(like this: nmmn) and then making a motion with them as though you were breaking a tube(u kno wat tube)
Quote by freedoms_stain

actually, it comes from when the english longbowmen were captured by french soldiers - the french would cut off their index and middle fingers, and so the intact longbowmen would taunt the french by giving them the vicky.

thats why the french understand it as well
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Em...

Middle Finger
the vs
Poking one side of the inside of your mouth with your tongue and making a sort of 'wanking' hand shape at the other side (shoud look like your pushing something (somehow) against the inside of your cheek
Just making a wanking gestuer in the air
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by funk_solo
Tha's where it comes from, showing the french that they still had their fingers. A sort of up yours to the french.

In some of continental Europe there's one where you bite your thumbnail and pull the thumb away sharply

"Do you bite your thumb at me?"
"I do not bite my thumb at you, but I do bite my thumb, sir!"
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Middle finger, balling up your fist and shaking it sideways(does not mean wanking, means getting ****ed in the arse), balling up both fists and bringing them together(like this: nmmn) and then making a motion with them as though you were breaking a tube(u kno wat tube)

Fish have spawn.

To contribute to the thread, there's the middle finger, the 2 fingers, the wanker thing, and that's about it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by freedoms_stain

dude i do that instead of the normal V...thanks you saved me from a few fights whenever i go to brittain.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by TheMidasTouch
You lie Sampson

<_<
>_>

"I'll not carry coals, for then I would be a collier"

And that's about as much as I remember from doing R&J at school 11 years ago.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Lay arms flat in front of you, put the wrist of your left hand onto the joint of the right arm, and move your right arm towards your head, ensuring the right fist is closed at all times.

Like this, Zero?

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by 67_67
Like this, Zero?

Get it up ye ya gobba!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Whaddya mean, fish have spawn?

It's not like fish mount each other. Eggs are laid, the eggs are thusly fertilised. No sex involved.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
I do bite my thumb, sir.
Is the law of our side if I say ay?
No.
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you sir; but I bite my thumb, sir.
Quote by blackenedktulu
I do bite my thumb, sir.
Is the law of our side if I say ay?
No.
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you sir; but I bite my thumb, sir.

lol. just remembering the spate of thumb-biting that broke out at school whenever a class would be doing R&J
I love get it up ye! So much more gratifying than giving someone the finger.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Get it up ye ya rocket.

This thread makes me want to pull up some pictures from Glasgow survival.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by CTFOD
It's not like fish mount each other. Eggs are laid, the eggs are thusly fertilised. No sex involved.

this is called external fertilization
Quote by KillerNapkin

How could that possibly be considered a hand gesture.
I always wondered how a culture came up which gestures are deemed offensive...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by MightyAl

EDIT: there's also the good old 'wanker' or 'c0cksucker' ones.

I'm pretty sure that's true, they cut off those two fingers to stop them from using longbows, and when the English won this particular battle that they were insanely outnumbered in all the longbowman stuck their two fingers up at the french
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Page 1 of 2