Tiny terror is 7 to 15 watts is it posible to make it into 4 to 7 watts by pulling a tube out?

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
No

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Thanks guys, for the fast input.

/ thread

Quote by dz_alias
Or is it?

i guess not.

i check out the attenuator. what attenuator would work best for this situation? and what if i had a 80watt amp could i use the same attenuator or would i need to get another one?

so a 150 would work for both?

Quote by Nagashiro
so a 150 would work for both?

Yup, a 150 watt attenuator will work with both. But i'd be kinda scared to crank a 100 watt head with it ._.
I'm not cool.
why?? O_o

by the way thanks you been super helpful.

You don't need an attenuator for the TT, the volume control is pretty good. If you need it any quieter you will have to get headphones as it's mostly the speakers which make it sound bad at really low volumes.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Nagashiro
why?? O_o

by the way thanks you been super helpful.

Tube amps are usually rated on their clean headroom. So a 100watt amp can actually push a lot more power when cranked then the rated 100watts. Yours better off getting an attenuator that can handle more then your amps rated voltage so you don't damage the amp and attenuator. Either that or get an amp that does what you want at a more reasonable wattage.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
im thinking of getting a twin reverb for gig/practice over a drummer and also to play in my apartment with out driving people crazy so i think a 150 attenuator would work.

I would rather have 1 amp than 2

Last edited by Nagashiro at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by FischmungaXTR
You don't need an attenuator for the TT, the volume control is pretty good. If you need it any quieter you will have to get headphones as it's mostly the speakers which make it sound bad at really low volumes.

NO! Do not use headphone on a tube amp head... You will FRY the head more than an egg... seriously, that's the worst thing you could do. The whole point of an attenuator is to put a LOAD on the amp so it doesn't blow up. Think of it like revving an engine.... if you have the car on pavement and floor it, you go really fast and everything is good BUT if you have the same car with the wheels OFF the ground, say jacked up on a lift or something, and floor the gas, you'll destroy the car.

and i have to disagree with you saying that it's the speakers that sound bad at low volume. It's the power tubes not being pushed very hard that doesn't give it it's signature tone. When an amp is cranked, both the preamp tubes and power tube get cooking real good and you get the big rock sound
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX