ok we have to a demonstation speech for school and i decided to do it on guitar. my question is how would i do this? i mean i cant teach a song especially when no1 has a guitar and naming off a bunch of notes would just be boring. any ideas? thanks in advance
Ur screwed

You love me.
Accept it.

Another "My Gear Sig":
Guitars
'07 Fender Strat Highway One Model
Taylor 214ce
Amps
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112X
Fender Frontman 15 Watt
Other Stuff
Like 6 Monster Cables
Digitech RP350
Explain how it works. Play some notes, some chord and some harmonics.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
explain the way soundwaves and the guitar are related, show the main body parts of the guitar as well
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Explain how to play the guitar as if the audience had just unwrapped the Squier that was under the Christmas tree.

After you've played some basic riffs, chords, and harmonics, end the presentation saying "In closing, if you practice a lot, and really start rocking, you could do THIS..." and go into a MONSTROUS, FACEMELTING, ORGASM-INDUCING, MINDBLOWING SOLO to end it.

The audience may not survive the solo, but that's okay; it's just a bunch of kids and teachers anyways.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
Explain how to play the guitar as if the audience had just unwrapped the Squier that was under the Christmas tree.

After you've played some basic riffs, chords, and harmonics, end the presentation saying "In closing, if you practice a lot, and really start rocking, you could do THIS..." and go into a MONSTROUS, FACEMELTING, ORGASM-INDUCING, MINDBLOWING SOLO to end it.

The audience may not survive the solo, but that's okay; it's just a bunch of kids and teachers anyways.

if only i was that good
Quote by atr5557
if only i was that good

Wait, you're not!?

HEY EVERYBODY, THIS GUY'S JUST A GREAT BIG PHONY!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

then just start super-shredding with an OD pedal active, and people will be like "ZOMG DEATH METAL FTW!" and hot senior chicks will mosh in the crowd.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
Wait, you're not!?

HEY EVERYBODY, THIS GUY'S JUST A GREAT BIG PHONY!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

then just start super-shredding with an OD pedal active, and people will be like "ZOMG DEATH METAL FTW!" and hot senior chicks will mosh in the crowd.

haha i never said i was that good to bad theres no hot chicks in the class
Quote by atr5557

haha i never said i was that good to bad theres no hot chicks in the class

get wasted before you do it... they'll appear

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Quote by atr5557
ok we have to a demonstation speech for school and i decided to do it on guitar. my question is how would i do this? i mean i cant teach a song especially when no1 has a guitar and naming off a bunch of notes would just be boring. any ideas? thanks in advance

well if its a demonstration, demonstrate how the guitar works and how to play it. maybe give a brief history of the guitar? i dunno if that would be good or not for that but it might give some insight to the guitar. explain maybe some of the related instruments, the styles of music it can play, its note range, how harmonics work, some techniques, maybe different tunings and ways of playing as in slide, tapping, slaping, etc...

do you have to demonstrate everything or can you have a video too? because if you can you can put a video together of different styles and techniques to give perspective on the range of the guitar.