Page 1 of 2
Two days later im finally gonna sell my pod xt live and i will need some cheap thing to replace it. I would probably want a processor again but at least half the price of pod xt live since im saving for a new guitar. I want good melodic distortion tones for in flames and children of bodom stuff and also good cleans. i dont expect a lot. a headphone and aux in maybe usb for recording. I first thought about buying a line 6 toneport then i looked at korgs digitechs and zooms. which one would you prefer? This time im sure i will buy something so please help me
why would you sell the POD for something cheaper? That doesn't make ANY sense to me. New guitar? Psshhht.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Well yea i want a new guitar and im using too little on pod and i dont find it to be melodic. its maybe i couldnt set it up but anyway i just want something cheaper and not so bad so i can have some extra money for guitar.
You aren't going to get anything cheaper than the POD that sounds "melodic". If you really insist on going cheaper, then a Floor Pod or Floor Pod + are the best things I can recommend.

Don't judge me.
Quote by blind.quardian
What about digitech rp series?

if your looking for an articulate, natural sounding multi fx, your not gonna be any more satisfied with the digitech than you would with a pod. what settings do you play on right now?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Possibly one of the cheaper boss multi fx?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if your looking for an articulate, natural sounding multi fx, your not gonna be any more satisfied with the digitech than you would with a pod. what settings do you play on right now?

Well in fact pod is not that bad but could be better but as i said im not selling the pod because its bad. im selling it cos i need some extra money to buy a guitar and since i will have no processors i will buy a new one but cheaper this time but i dont want to get something to sh!tty
Its a pedal simulator i need something with amp simulators cos i have no amp. i will play through headphones.
Sell XT Live used, then get something new? That's the quickest way to lose quality and not get much cash in return. It's not worth it, unless maybe you have a Craigslist and can find a deal on a used item. There was an RP250 on mine recently for $90. That's not bad. You could probably get $225 for the XT.
how much are you willing to spend? why dont u buy a modelling amp and a foot switch instead, like a roland cube 30x or peavey vypyr 30... they also have headphones jacks
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Dont worry the prices are different in my country. I live in Turkey. it will be good for me cos i dont want something too expensive as a processor. Im just trying to find something cheaper but worth getting. I found a cheap v amp which was 4 times cheaper than pod xt live so maybe if its a good processor i can buy it?
I think the ME-50 has cosm if i recall or that might be the ME-70.......
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Its only for stompboxes. anyway i dont want a boss product. v amp or toneport ux1 maybe? i need quick advice just tell me which is good dont say "dont sell the pod" etc. im selling it tomorrow and i need to find what to buy quickly.
The Toneport is a good unit. I started off with a GuitarPort and liked it a lot. The drawback is that you can only use it with a computer.
Yea thats kind of a drawback. I can buy a v amp but it has no usb what should i do im confused a lot...
This whole thread just sounds like a bad idea. I'd do what I could to get a better used guitar without down grading the fx's.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Just plug it into the line in of your sound card. You may get a little more background noise than with a direct digital USB link.
Quote by scott58
This whole thread just sounds like a bad idea. I'd do what I could to get a better used guitar without down grading the fx's.

I'm already going used. I dont have that much money for a used too. Please just give me some advice on processors not what to sell and what to keep.
Sorry dude I really can't. I'd just take fly's advice.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
omg...you dont have an amp...and yet you sold the only thing you had close to it....to buy another guitar? That doesn't make any sense....

Seriously, save up for an amp instead of a new guitar and pedal

You will be much happier with a good amp./
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What will you get for your XT live when you sell it and what guitar do you have at the moment. Will you gain anything buy selling the good XT live buying a cheaper modeling unit and trying to get a new guitar or will you be wonering just how good your new guitar would have sounded with the XT.
Quote by blind.quardian
I'm already going used. I dont have that much money for a used too. Please just give me some advice on processors not what to sell and what to keep.
What you should do is give us a list of the options available to you. If you lived in the US I would tell you to watch Craigslist for a deal. I have literally owned multifx for free after buying and selling them on Craigslist. I owned a GT-8 for 6 months and made $25. I owned a Korg AX1500G for several months and made $25. I've owned a Pod XT and later sold it for even money. Same with a Tonelab. Same with a GNX3, GNX2, and a GNX3000.

However, we have no idea what your options are other than a Vamp.
Well i live in turkey and i dont live in a big house. if i did i would buy a big tube amp and would not be asking questions on multi fx. I can try to find anything used vamps toneport digitech rps zooms just wanted to know what will be good to use.when i sell my pod and my guitars i will be able to buy a great guitar that i wont need to chance for a long time and then i can start again to save up for a new amp or processor. just help me with what i need.
They are all good. It boils down to ranking specific options. I've never used a Vamp but I heard from people who have and liked them. But you don't get an expression pedal. I'd go for a RP250 if you can find a deal. I haven't used the new cheap Zooms, but I had a Zoom 707II and it just OK. It had a better wah than my GT-8 did, but the distortion tones weren't as good as the Korg AX3G. The Korg's have good tones if you can find a used one. The mp3 clip "Fun DeLay" in my profile was a Korg AX3G plugged into the computer's on-board sound card. They were selling for $30 when the online stores closed them out.
Well so i will look at digitech rp series since it has an expression pedal. maybe i can go up to rp500 since its cheaper than line 6 stuff in my country. how are digitech rp 250 350 or 500 s tone quality in distortion compared to a korg and a v amp 2.?
I have a GNX4, which uses an older processor than the newer RP's. And with the right tweaking it sounds good. The Digitech X-Edit program is a good interface for configuring their units. I would bet they are going to be the best of the lot between the korg and vamp. I like my Korg AX1500G, but the drum machine in the RP250/350 is a worthwhile practice tool to have. You may want to consider the benefits of having a drum machine in your multifx.
so i will look at digitech rp s and maybe korgs then. vamp looks good but it lacks usb to connect to computer and an expression pedal.
How are the korgs units ? ive heard great covers of cob with korg pandroa px4d. how are the other korg products which has an expression pedal etc.? maybe the new korg pandora px5?
The Behringer V-Amp2 isnt bad at all.
Its the only good thing I've seen come out of Behringer. But I prefer my V-amp over my PODXT anyday. (I guess thats why I'm selling my POD on ebay?)
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Please help me i sold the pod xt live and what should i get now? i want something cheap but gets the work done. i might not need an expression pedal but it would be nice to have. what should i look into? line 6 toneports? behringer v amp 2s ? digitech rps?
The V-Amp2 is very easy to use with some good tone if you know what to look for. It doesn't have an expression pedal though. Behringer might sell one to attach though.
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
rps and korgs are far better than anything from behringer or zoom.

Don't judge me.
What about line 6 toneport ux1? would it be a better idea to buy that instead of other equipment? i would probably want a usb and maybe pedals to switch channels. so its either toneport ux1 or something with pedals like rps or korgs. i dont know what to do:/
Well yea but it has no usb and not much effects as far as i can see...I can buy a toneport which is new from someone who hasnt used it.
Page 1 of 2