hey guys,

ive had american strats in the past and when i bend strings (ex.15th on the 2nd string) when i release the bend down the other string i bended past seem to vibrate and ruin the songs. i picked up a :Paul Reed Smith SE Single Cut " at GC yesterday and it did not do that. everything was smooth and the bend were perfect. i also use 9's on the strat , the prs felt like 10 is that a factor?

i just wanted to know why that happens, the strat is $400 more but the prs performed better for my style of music, which odly enough is pink floyd whos lead guitarist is a fender icon.

is Gilmours guitar a completly advanced american strat(from "The Wall era" now he uses his sig model) which we can never just buy off the wall.
the thing about gilmours strat is the MEGA sized frets compared to standard ones.

and i see what you did there "never just buy off the wall"

lol

and to answer your question... PRS usually have wider string gap than fender and i think the heavier strings may make change
Dude use ur picking hand to mute the other strings, its a common problem and its not a problem with the guitar its a technique thing.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
Dude use ur picking hand to mute the other strings, its a common problem and its not a problem with the guitar its a technique thing.

i agree with you on that, i been playing a yr so im still teaching myself those little techniques. but how come the extra vibrations did not happen when i played comfortably numb on the prs.(which sounds better on the prs then my mia strat)
String tension differences, subtle changes in the set up (action etc) gauge, scale length, string spacing. could be any number of reasons. but as u say learning these little techniques is crucial so u can play well on any guitar, what if u were playing a gig and urr guitar died and u needed to borrow one?

I say if the strat highlights issues with ur technique keep using it and working on it but if you have found u guitar with a sound that you prefer by all means try to pick one up

Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Strat's have a 25.5" scale length
PRS's have 25
Gibsons have 24 3/4

The shorter the length, the easier it will be to bend
I noticed this on my Strat the other day, too. After I picked up my old Epi Special II

Strats & Seagulls
Youve been playing for a year and you already have a MIA Strat........nice
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Youve been playing for a year and you already have a MIA Strat........nice

well i saw the fender financeing through GC so i had to do it. unfortinitly i actually returned it because it had some quality problems. i wasnt impressed with it for $1000. pots would stick, and the strings buzzed after being setup, brought it back that week.
Quote by PendulousThread
String tension differences, subtle changes in the set up (action etc) gauge, scale length, string spacing. could be any number of reasons. but as u say learning these little techniques is crucial so u can play well on any guitar, what if u were playing a gig and urr guitar died and u needed to borrow one?

I say if the strat highlights issues with ur technique keep using it and working on it but if you have found u guitar with a sound that you prefer by all means try to pick one up

i really like your theory on that. i guess bending on a strat would make me better, and the gig thing made alot of sense to lol

sir you have changed my way of thinking, Thank you

the only thing thats weird for me is that all my guitars have unfinished necks, when my hands sweat as i play the (les paul, prs,etc) necks it makes it hard to slide and bend notes as well because it becomes slippery. as i become a better player, does that have its advantages(i would think it could make you faster)