well i everybody on ug said to get this amp.but its reviews are really bad. but the peavey valveking has really good reviews. what should i do.
If you play more metal-esque stuff, get the B-52. MOST reviews on websites aren't generally too accurate from my experience.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
umm I own the at-112 and I've played a lot on the peavey... I've got to say the b-52 (in my taste) rapes the peavey...
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well they are saying that they are not reliabil

Eh, I've heard that happens to the occasional person, but in terms of sound and tone it's going to beat out the VK.

If you're planning on buying new, make sure to test both out though. (And if you're buying used, demo it as well haha).
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
I've never had any problems with my b-52

it's actually a really versatile amp. can do any sound the valveking can do, but better, and the gain goes quite a bit higher
If it breaks, you can take it back and get a new one. You don't buy a ValveKing and play death metal out of the box. It's just not that kind of amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well they are saying that they are not reliabil

still, the far superior tone of it CRUSHES the valveking
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
still, the far superior tone of it CRUSHES the valveking

This, ive owned both, and the B-52 rapes the VK in both cleans and distortion/overdrive.
From what I understand the reliability issues with the B-52 have been fixed. The first few batches had severe overheating problems, and that caused them to go ape-crap. But for the past few years I think, they've added fans to the amps, which cut down on the overheating greatly. I've had mine for a year and haven't had a problem. Great amp if you're wanting death metal tones with a great clean channel.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Nothing,because I wouldn't pay to have a childhood fear strip for me,no matter what sick variation of the clown car routine they come up with.

Taste the Meat, Not the Heat.
LISTEN TO DEVIN TOWNSEND!
I've had my AT-100 Head for over a year no problems.My buddy bought the 212 combo and has had no problems. they are heavy though
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
The problems Ive read in the B-52 thread have made me uneasy about purchasing one of these too.. But from what I hear of it, it sounds amazing (Netmusicians + some people profiles on ultimate guitar)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr