Hey guys, I was looking in the Picture thread and I saw this awsome picture on the second page. Is it possible to do this with GIMP? If so, how do you do it?

Yes, I know GIMP sucks compared to Photoshop, but I haven't the cash to buy Photoshop.
yes it is.

but i have no idea... sorry

edit, just keep playing with all the settings and effects and stuff. it looks like thats what the person in the pic. u posted has done...
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
You need to mess with light and shadow under the filters tab. There are alot of effects and parameters there that you can manipulate for some cool stuff. Photoshop is much better quality than gimp, however a good amount of the tools of Photoshop are included in Gimp.
GIMP is almost as full-featured as photoshop, just the interface is nowhere near as nice, I couldn't tell you how, but I'm sure that sort of thing is possible in GIMP. and to anyone laughing at the name, it stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. ecookies for anyone who knows what GNU stands for (except me, well maybe a few... om nom nom)
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
GIMP is almost as full-featured as photoshop, just the interface is nowhere near as nice, I couldn't tell you how, but I'm sure that sort of thing is possible in GIMP. and to anyone laughing at the name, it stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. ecookies for anyone who knows what GNU stands for (except me, well maybe a few... om nom nom)
Isn't there a mod for GIMP that makes the interface more photoshop like?

gimpshop or whatever.
Quote by freedoms_stain

gimpshop or whatever.

Yup, it's a cool program. I'd suggest it.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by freedoms_stain

gimpshop or whatever.

will look into this.

edit: is now downloading...
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Feb 26, 2009,
That's NielsWho isn't it, I marvelled at that picture too.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by jgbsmith
will look into this.

edit: is now downloading...

Link?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.