does anyone know a sort of definitive site for scales? or perhaps a lesson on here? Maybe somebody can just answer me here. I'm just starting to learn scales, and I've been using this lesson - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/types_of_scales.html and it says all of the scales are in G scales, so my question is how do I figure out different scales?

Do I just start with like say, an A note on the E string and follow the same pattern and that makes an A scale?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
yeah, it also depends on what mode the scale is in and what position your playing it in
Seattle Will Rise Again

Rig:
Vox Amp thingie I have no idea its small who cares
Fender Mexi Fat Strat ( I Stole from my friend during his F- Guitar phase)
fender jaguar HH with a Bigsby Vibrato
I used to have a book mark to a great site but I got a new computer so I lost it, look for all chords and scales on google, I think that's how I found it. Google's somethin else you know, a little thing they call a 'search engine'.
yeah, I have heard of that thing. And I have looked around to no real success as of yet, but I'll try your term suggestion.
This has a lot of scales. link
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by SpecialSteve7
does anyone know a sort of definitive site for scales? or perhaps a lesson on here? Maybe somebody can just answer me here. I'm just starting to learn scales, and I've been using this lesson - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/types_of_scales.html and it says all of the scales are in G scales, so my question is how do I figure out different scales?

Do I just start with like say, an A note on the E string and follow the same pattern and that makes an A scale?

Since you learned the scales under a key of G I assume you learned the modes of that key.

Yes, you can take what you learned and move it to a different key and pay attention to your root positions. If you root on the 6th string and move to different position but still root on the 6th you can keep the patterns the same. If you move from 6th to 5th string (or 4th) your pattern will shift up 1 fret while you hit the B and E string.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by SpecialSteve7

Read Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section - you really need to spend some time learning and understanding what a scale actually is before you try to learn any.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks a lot man! these articles seem really helpful... I wasn't really trying to skip ahead or anything, I really am a student of the guitar, it's just tricky sometimes to know where to start when you don't have a teacher...
don;t worry about it, that IS the hardest thing....there's so much information out there it's hard to know what to learn first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com