More specifically sales rep over the phone. I'll be going to work as be working as a sales rep over the phone for the first time on Monday, so any tips or experiences will be quite helpful.

Also any experiences in any sales position actually would probably be helpful, since at the end of it, either in person, or on phone, you're trying to make a sale. I'm just worried about all the calls and what I should be saying, but I'm pretty sure I'll be taught everything on my first day, just see what I should be anticipating.

I'm just glad I was finally able to land a job after months of looking.
Talk really fast and with an annoying accent.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by lzcougarz3
Phone Sex Operator

that was my original plan. lure them in with the sex talk and then. BAM make a sale for something they didn't even see coming!
be ready for some people to be the biggest dicks to you. my cousin works as one and some people are really bad. my advice is if it goes sour then just hang up right away. and have an upbeat voice.
Get ready to be hung up on 90% of the time. Don't get frustrated it goes with the gig.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Les Paul57
be ready for some people to be the biggest dicks to you. my cousin works as one and some people are really bad. my advice is if it goes sour then just hang up right away. and have an upbeat voice.

I can imagine, I've been dicks to telemarketers myself on the phone. But I'll know not to take it personal, I'm just doing my job, if people get mad thats their problem.
just be confident act like your selling the best product in the world and remeber you have to convince them yours is the best and know your facts. people do study up on **** nowadays.
(btw) i sell electronics.

good luck and if they say now try a another approach the 2nd time never settle for no the first time
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Last edited by josh15742 at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by josh15742
just be confident act like your selling the best product in the world and remeber you have to convince them yours is the best and know your facts. people do study up on **** nowadays.
(btw) i sell electronics.

good luck and if they say now try a another approach the 2nd time never settle for no the first time

That's one thing my brother taught me. He's a stock broker and said never give up after just one no, but rather acknowledge it and simply throw a fact at them, or say something like "that's fine sir but if you would give me just a moment of your time to listen to some good ideas"

If they just are consistent with the no, then give up and let them go.
yep i learned that rather quickly people can be very dense sometimes actually all the times
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Don't call me during dinner!
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!