I Started with a stock BC Rich Mockingbird NJ Classic. Now that I'm done with it, here is what it's like:

Custom strap bushings and lock-on strap
Gibson 490 humbuckers
Tune-o-matic bridge
Newly cut slots for the pickups
Extremely low action

All of this makes this guitar FREAKIN AMAZING! I dare say it's better than my Gibson SG Classic with Seymour Duncans.

It is definently faster. The ebony fretboard is great.

This thing sounds unbelievable. I've heard bad things about the 490t neck pickup and it sounded horrible in my Gibson, but it sounds great in the mockingbird. The mockingbird is neck-thru and with these powerful pickups the guitar has amazing sustain. Like I can hold notes out for over 25 seconds easily with a quite amp.

The sound is so Iron Maiden that I can't imagine playing anything else on the guitar. I've spent the last hour just playing the trooper OVER AND OVER Again. # of the beast and run to the hills also sound PERFECT!!!

I'm glad this project worked out so well and suggest this guitar and pickup combo to any/all.

Peace out!
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
It's the trans red one. Here it looks the same as it used to except the pickups are black and it has that white dimarzzio strap. it wont let me post pics because i already posted them in a different post.
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Quote by mockinbyrd
It's the trans red one. Here it looks the same as it used to except the pickups are black and it has that white dimarzzio strap. it wont let me post pics because i already posted them in a different post.

So they herd you like posts so they posted in your posts so you can post while you post? sry it's jut your post reminded me of that
is that to say that everyone agrees that the gibby 490 t +r pickups are crappy and wouldnt be worth changing to in an epi Dot? cuz no one argued about the quality of them...=P
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)