Page 1 of 2
Why not just "black"?

Over here in the UK, no-one calls themselves "African-European", and I'm sure no-one calls themselves "Caucasian American" over the pond.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by GnR_ROK
Why not just "black"?

Over here in the UK, no-one calls themselves "African-European", and I'm sure no-one calls themselves "Caucasian American" over the pond.

dem ******s be trayin to seprate dem selves from dair mastuhz, they need to be whipped or lynched y'all
Quote by GnR_ROK
Why not just "black"?

what do people call themselves over there..i dont care if its black..african american..some people are babies and get offended..and not even just black people
because labeling things by color is RACIST
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Because black is the absence of light. By labelling someone as "black", you are pointing out that they have no "light". "Light" is used a connotation for the holy spirit. So you are insinuating that they have none of the holy spirit in them and are therefore forsaken.
its all Americans.....................all wanting to be or claiming to be anything but American even if they were born in the US.................my background is from Europe 400 yrs ago but that don't make me european American but some of these bafoone sure would like to claim so
Quote by boreamor
Because black is the absence of light. By labelling someone as "black", you are pointing out that they have no "light". "Light" is used a connotation for the holy spirit. So you are insinuating that they have none of the holy spirit in them and are therefore forsaken.

Which is what the Mormons believe. Stupid Mormons.
Quote by SGibson666
^What? (To Linnux)

LOL
Southern racist imitation o' course
because of wuss-a** white people who don't want to be labeled racists.0

it annoys me alot.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
yeah I don't call my self a Semi-caucasian latin american.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I'll have a coffee, black.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
yeah I don't call my self a Semi-caucasian latino

fixed

you dun live in America :P
Last edited by linnux at Feb 26, 2009,
I have never called anybody an African-American.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Because most Negroid people in Europe weren't brought from Africa as slaves, not to the same extent as in America, where they're called African-Americans, I expect, as a sign of their heritage.
Quote by GnR_ROK
Why not just "black"?

Because people are overly sensitive idiots.

I'd expand on that, but I've already got a blog on it, so you can read that if you want.
Quote by TooFast

Commas can totally change the meanings of sentences
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I call black people... black. Whats the problem?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Because USA was hit hard when they exported Blacks to their country as slaves.

but when they bread like rabbits and lived off the state and did not marry their partners? and repeatedly had children the USA people had to identify them as certain beings from a specific 'Africa'.

I know we are all from Africa? this is bull sh!t Theory

In any case, they hardcore powerful African people in charge sold them to UK and US as slaves. As bob marley states using 'Stolen'.... They were not stolen, they were sold by their own people.

Maybe a pointless post?
Quote by boreamor

Then, we should start calling them "Browns" it's more correct as they aren't really "black".

We'll be called "Pinks" or something, I'm kinda cream color thought.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I call black people black just like I call white people white. It's fair enough.

Do we call white people Irish-Americans or Anglo-Americans or anything like that? No, unless we're talking specifics, usually in a historical context. As in, "There was a large population of Irish-American immigrants in New York City at the turn of the century."
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Then, we should start calling them "Browns" it's more correct as they aren't really "black".

Wesley Snipes.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I say we cut the crap and all go back to calling black people Negroes. It's only a matter of time until they decide that the phrase "African American" is offensive to them and we have to figure something else out.
Quote by linnux
fixed

you dun live in America :P

I DO live in America, America is a continent, the United States of America is a country.

I also hate when "Americans" say Latinos, you're talking in enlgish for god's sake, you don't call germans Deutsch's do you?
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
I DO live in America, America is a continent, the United States of America is a country.

I also hate when "Americans" say Latinos, you're talking in enlgish for god's sake, you don't call germans Deutsch's do you?

What about "Hispanics"?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60
What about "Hispanics"?

Well, that's correct.

As Venezuela is part of Hispanic-America.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Because "melanin-augmented individual of sub-sahara African descent embellished with citizenship of the United States of America" is such a mouthful.
I just wish people would realize you can't be "African-American" if you weren't born in Africa. I'm not "Caucasian" because there's no country called Caucasia. I'm white, you're black, we're both American, and neither of us are special because of our skin color.

"African-American" is a million times more racist than "black," why is it so "PC?" "African-American" implies that every black person is immediately African, and the "American" is an afterthought as though they're sub-American, and implies "I'm afraid to call you 'black' so I'm going to pussyfoot around so as to not anger you, please don't shoot me." Why should I give someone special treatment because of their skin color? That's what racism is.

Quote by TooFast

Can't you see we're talking? White?
You're*
Quote by TooFast

is that like "make me a sandwich, woman"?
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
I think this whole politically correct useage of racial terms is complete bollocks. I really hate people who get all up at arms whenever they hear "black" or "beaners". Its really ****ing annoying.

From now on, I say we all call every race "******" just for the hell of it.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by sdc035
its all Americans.....................all wanting to be or claiming to be anything but American even if they were born in the US.................my background is from Europe 400 yrs ago but that don't make me european American but some of these bafoone sure would like to claim so

What?

You sound like an idiot, speak English you're from America, 'tard.

Anyways, because the "black" community didn't like the term "n*gger", so they claimed that as their own, then colored isn't correct, then negro, then black, so now ass-hats like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton need to assert their primal roots so they coined the phrase "African-American" so that people know where they came from.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Survivalism
I just wish people would realize you can't be "African-American" if you weren't born in Africa. I'm not "Caucasian" because there's no country called Caucasia. I'm white, you're black, we're both American, and neither of us are special because of our skin color.

Dictionary: Cau·ca·sian (kô-kā'zhən, -kăzh'ən) pronunciation

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary
adj.

1. Anthropology. Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India. See Usage Note at race1.
2. Of or relating to a racial group having white skin, especially one of European origin; white.

Sorry but, you CAN be called Caucasian, assuming you fit into those categories.
Caucasian is to Negroid what European is to African-American
You're mixing and matching terms.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

But then we might be associated with communists?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Well, that's correct.

As Venezuela is part of Hispanic-America.

Yes, but there are also people who are offended when referred to as Hispanic. Hell, a professor in a minority studies course I took in school even spoke about it (not for or against...he was just trying to explain it).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Page 1 of 2