I don't want to sell my drum equipment, but soon i will dry my funds if i don't find a secondary source of income. Anyone gonna proceed with unthinkable tomfooleries to cope with there current financial status. If so what are they?

Or will you just wait for Obama to fix everything?
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
I don't want to sell my drum equipment, but soon i will dry my funds if i don't find a secondary source of income. Anyone gonna proceed with unthinkable tomfooleries to cope with there current financial status. If so what are they?

Or will you just wait for Obama to fix everything?

Did you make a thread just to take a shot at Obama?
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
No, im rich and we have enough funds to last us several lifetimes LOL, poor people areso funny
rl]
Obama isnt going to fix anything, but thats another subject, I dont think Im going to have to sell gear, but we are running really low on cash right now my dads talkin about moving to New Orleans so he can start welding on the oil rigs and hes a 5th generation blacksmith who usually works for football players and doctors

Quote by StealthyHayze
No, im rich and we have enough funds to last us several lifetimes LOL, poor people areso funny

and what if you lose that money? we have lost 1.5 million USD because of the recession
Last edited by therealtater at Feb 26, 2009,
my bass just broke so i gotta find a way to fix it and i gotta buy a temporary bass to play in the meantime. Im gonna have to see what i can sell
Life sucks
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by BigBrownBeaver

Or will you just wait for Obama to fix everything?[

IT'S BEEN.

A MONTH.
You're*
We may have to sell our house and move to a smaller one, my mum lost halfe her money to that Allen Stanford f*cker.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Dude enough of this BS Post. I agree with Survivalism It's only been one month. I'm tired of hearing people sob and wimper. Everyone better hope Obama Does lean this country in the right direction otherwise we're screwed. United we stand and divided we fall. I could care less what party is runnin office and so should everyone else, just as long as the job gets done. @#*$ If you think so severely that you could do a better job, GUESS WHAT. It's your constitutional right to stand up for what you believe in. So put on your man pants, march down to DC and make somethin of yourself.

As far as leading BACK to the Topic. I can feel ya on that. Times are gettin tough. The thought of selling something so much that is a part of me is tough to think about and has crossed my mind. Music is unfortunately an expensive habbit.

Cheers, that's my rant
Wow you guys took that little Obama comment a bit hard hahah. I am in Canada anyways. I just decided to make that comment since watching his speech the other day on the tube. All you hear is Obama with miraculous answers to all of America's problems, and the people who wouldn't stop haggling him while speaking. I know that its only been a month, but too me it sounds like he has got all the answers and outcomes to all that needs to be fixed although nothing has even happened.

I'm not too concerned about the financial crisis, ill live. But i am kinda excited to see how this plays out in the next five years.
Quote by StealthyHayze

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
why?

because this thread seems to be nothing but an excuse to start bashing obama, or else the OP would have never said that in the OP.

just my opinion, if I'm too harsh the mods will decide
Quote by therealtater
hes a 5th generation blacksmith who usually works for football players and doctors

Why would footballers....or doctors need a blacksmith?

Quote by therealtater
and what if you lose that money? we have lost 1.5 million USD because of the recession

Sure you did, sure you did. I dont think you quite grasp the concept of the recession.
Quote by CoreysMonster
because this thread seems to be nothing but an excuse to start bashing obama, or else the OP would have never said that in the OP.

just my opinion, if I'm too harsh the mods will decide

Bashing Obama is against the rules?? Wouldn't suprise me I guess.
Quote by andyscoot
Why would footballers....or doctors need a blacksmith?

Sure you did, sure you did. I dont think you quite grasp the concept of the recession.

I like you, andyscoot

and to everyone complaining about the "financial crisis", shut the hell up. you're still way better off than most people on this planet, so just shut up /my2cents.
Quote by JDawg
Bashing Obama is against the rules?? Wouldn't suprise me I guess.

what? no of course not, but any obama bashing belongs in the politics thread, and shouldn't have an extra thread made because of it.

I'm german, I don't give a crap who's being bashed in america and who isn't.
My Peavey Express 112 is up for sale. Just sold my wah and Digitech Fab Tone. I couldn't give away my RP100.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by CoreysMonster

I like you, andyscoot

I am unsure wether to take this as sarcasm or not, compliment dont usually come my way on UG
Quote by andyscoot
I am unsure wether to take this as sarcasm or not, compliment dont usually come my way on UG

it was serious here, have a compliment!
Quote by CoreysMonster
it was serious here, have a compliment!

Haha thank you
I not sure any bashing is going on but, OMG wahappen you live like in the same province as me!

But no i got my double kick for sale and my bass. You would have to pry my guitar from me cold dead body.
Well, personally, I'd much rather file for bankruptcy than sell my music gear. A lot of people are hurting for money right now, but if you're creative you may be able to find a solution or two that can help. For starters, take a look and see if there are any blood donation centers around. The one near me will pay you $75 every two weeks for donating blood. Also, if you have a job and haven't filed your tax return yet, you should do so. In addition to the money you will get back for that, you will get an additional $400 like we did last year. Take a look at things you like to do for ideas too. If you are a decent drummer, you could try to teach lessons in your spare time. And if you're unable to teach lessons for whatever reason, you can join/start a cover band. If you pick songs that are popular/well known you can play bars on the weekends and actually make a pretty nice income from that (assuming your band is halfway decent). If it comes down to selling your belongings for money, there's got to be something that can go before you sell your drums. Old video games/consoles, movies, cds, bicycles, anything at all. Clean out your room, your closet, basement, garage for anything of value. Craigslist can be your best friend. If none of that works, then I dunno, male prostitute?
im young fortunately and ill be living with my parents for another 2 years so im hoping things will be getting better by then...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
lol gear as in musical instruments. Did anyone else think he meant steroids?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I doubt you'll have to sell your gear. Who's gonna have the money to buy 'em?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by CDubDSP
Well, personally, I'd much rather file for bankruptcy than sell my music gear. A lot of people are hurting for money right now, but if you're creative you may be able to find a solution or two that can help. For starters, take a look and see if there are any blood donation centers around. The one near me will pay you $75 every two weeks for donating blood. Also, if you have a job and haven't filed your tax return yet, you should do so. In addition to the money you will get back for that, you will get an additional $400 like we did last year. Take a look at things you like to do for ideas too. If you are a decent drummer, you could try to teach lessons in your spare time. And if you're unable to teach lessons for whatever reason, you can join/start a cover band. If you pick songs that are popular/well known you can play bars on the weekends and actually make a pretty nice income from that (assuming your band is halfway decent). If it comes down to selling your belongings for money, there's got to be something that can go before you sell your drums. Old video games/consoles, movies, cds, bicycles, anything at all. Clean out your room, your closet, basement, garage for anything of value. Craigslist can be your best friend. If none of that works, then I dunno, male prostitute?

personal experience, when it gets down to paying your bills, I would rather sell my gear than prostitute myself, and that's what I've done.
but to each his own.
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
I would love to be a prostitute. getting to sleep with with married old women all day is my dream.

That should be easy.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+