how do u make a major scale minor? do you just take the 3rd and 5th note and flatten them? and also if u dont have ur modes memorized how do u find them out?
For example if u are in c major, i no u cant get dorian by just starting the scale in d but how do u figure out the other modes
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
The minor scale is a major scale with a flattened third, sixth, and seventh.
As for modes, the fact is that you simply aren't knowledgeable enough to be worrying about them. You need to worry about developing a firm working knowledge of tonal harmony.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The way do it is by adding 3 flats or removing 3 sharps from the key signature to make it minor. I use the same process for modes.
Add 1 flat/remove sharp from the major to make mixolydian
Add 1 sharp/remove flat from major to make lydian
Add 1 flat/remove sharp from minor to make phrygian
Add 1 sharp/remove flat from minor to make dorian
Add 2 flats/remove sharps from minor to make locrian.

So to get to C dorian, use the key signature for C minor which is 3 flats and remove a flat, so C dorian is 2 flats in a key signature.
Last edited by pwrmax at Feb 26, 2009,