My amp for a while has been picking up a country radio station whenever I turn it on and I just can't seem to get it to not pick it up.

You can't here it unless you stop playing for even a split second and it very distracting to here another song in the background.

Is there any thing I can put or add onto my amp that would block radio station signals?
Ouch! Country music makes me barph! Is it a Berhinger amp? I knew a guy who had a Behringer, and it kept on picking up signals because there was 3 radio towers nearby.
..I was watching my death.
we need more specifics.

what kind of amp? how loud is your amp? are you using any pedals? what kind of effects/cables/pickups are you using?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The Raven is a poor amp, but I doubt it's so bad to lack shielding, I'm willing to bet it's your cables.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The Raven is a poor amp, but I doubt it's so bad to lack shielding, I'm willing to bet it's your cables.

I have to disagree but I am not here to argue.

I have no pedals attached right now and I am using 6' Monster Cables and the station picks up on my Strat and my Epiphone.
Last edited by Falcon4571 at Feb 26, 2009,
Hmm, try a different cable, if you still get it then it's probably the amp.
I might have to do that.

This didn't happen until I switched rooms with my brother and it started to pick it up, but coincidently I just happen to get new cables because my old ones broke.

I'll give it a try and if that doesn't then what should I do for the amp? (don't tell me just get a new one I don't have the cash for that). Is there any equipment I could get to block the signal?
Well, if you could ground the screen in the window to something in the house (don't ask me what). Or try moving it somewhere else in the room. Cheap equipment has poor shielding, that's a fact of life and theres little you can do. That amp is so cheap it wouldn't even be worthwhile to have a tech or someone try to shield it.
The amp wasn't cheap.

I don't know if it helps any but I just notice that it makes a difference where my guitar is in the room how loud the station is so it might just be the cables picking up the station.
It can be your guitar too so you might want to check the grounding on it especially the bridge or the springs.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
^But two different guitars? While I agree it's possible, I think it's a bit unlikely that both would be bad.
I'm sorry I must not be getting this I haven't posted to any forums before on guitars and I haven't been playing long. What the heck do you mean by grounding. I hate to sound stupid but I am just lost
Just electronics talk. Your guitars are probably grounded, if they weren't they would buzz horribly.
What should my next amp be if this one just gives me so much crap I want to get rid of it. (at this rate I probably will). I just am not familiar with all the brands yet.

I just hate too sound so dumb on this but I didn't get into guitars but a year ago due to my brother mostly getting into them.
that happened on one of my amps before, except I was picking up a Mexican talk radio station on it, I don't remember the brand it was, but still pretty weird
The cables are the usual suspects when it come to RF.

This one fella has a trick he did but it depends on the cables. He disconnected the shielding on one end of the cables so you can't do on the cables that has the shielding as the ground connections. That probably means a two conductor wire with shielding.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+