a new supergroup featuring:
guitarist James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins
bassist Adam Scheslinger from Fountains Of Wayne
drummer Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick
and.....vocalist Taylor Hanson from Hanson!

the new single is up, I recommend checking this ruckus out, even if you hate Hanson, it's still amazing Pop-Rock
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
how is that a supergroup... at all? not a fan of smashing pumpkins... fountains of wayne had one crappy single. cheap trick is not great. and Hanson are annoying.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
how is that a supergroup... at all? not a fan of smashing pumpkins... fountains of wayne had one crappy single. cheap trick is not great. and Hanson are annoying.

Smashing Pumpkins were gods
Stacy's Mom was by far Fountains' worst song
Cheap Trick are also gods
and Hanson were, at least, the top of the boy bands
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
a supergroup is a band formed from members of other bands

Count Zero is a supergroup, and half of them came from Think Tree....no one knows about them either
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Some supergroup. I think all of those bands are garbage, with the exception of 2 songs by Cheap Trick.
LOL
It's the weirdest combination of musicians ever seen, and the song I've heard from them sounds like Cheap Trick making sweet pop-rock love to Zwan.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I probably wouldn't care if James wasn't there. Pathetic, but I'm really interested in what he'll create.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
That's not a supergroup, that's a bloopergroup!
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by DownInAHole.
Some supergroup. I think all of those bands are garbage, with the exception of 2 songs by Cheap Trick.

Dude! The Smashing Pumpkins are amazing! I am not saying James Iha was the musical genius behind the band! But you cant deny Billy Corgan's talent! IMO hes one of the best frontmen of the 90s! He covers it all, Alternative Rock,Hard Rock, Soft Pop all while retaining a sound unlink any other band, and even if people dislike his vocals he is still a superb song writer!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Take that, Zach!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by zuckuss00
Dude! The Smashing Pumpkins are amazing! I am not saying James Iha was the musical genius behind the band! But you cant deny Billy Corgan's talent! IMO hes one of the best frontmen of the 90s! He covers it all, Alternative Rock,Hard Rock, Soft Pop all while retaining a sound unlink any other band, and even if people dislike his vocals he is still a superb song writer!

That's lovely.

And to say he is one of the best frontmen of the 90s is absolutely sick.
LOL
I hated Kind of a Girl upon first hearing it but it's grown on me. Total guilty pleasure. It's like the Jonas Brothers except older, more talented and you don't want to beat them up as much.
Quote by zuckuss00

Well whoopdidoo. Lots a hooplah for a guy whos not even in the band. And even though I liked SP, the title "Best frontman of the nineties" can only go to someone who has a full ****ing head of hair.
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
Well whoopdidoo. Lots a hooplah for a guy whos not even in the band. And even though I liked SP, the title "Best frontman of the nineties" can only go to someone who has a full ****ing head of hair.

Are you kidding me man? Is that really the only remark you can make to support your argument?... His hair! REALLY?! Billy Corgan is one of only a handful of artist that survived the 90s and still has something to offer! Also by "Best Frontman" I wasn't speaking directly about his charisma or showmanship, i am talking more about how strong his songwriting is and his lyrics and how tight and graceful his melodies are! You say you "like" The Smashing Pumpkins, well did you realize that Billy wrote and recorded the first 5 SP albums basically himself? Everything, the guitars, bass, vocals everything but the drums. If you cant comprehend the amount of talent it takes to undertake a task like that and create the amazing albums he did, then you really have no understanding of music at all!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black
Quote by steve_muse
I probably wouldn't care if James wasn't there. Pathetic, but I'm really interested in what he'll create.

I tend to agree with steve. Plus the music is catchy in a way
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by zuckuss00
Are you kidding me man? Is that really the only remark you can make to support your argument?... His hair! REALLY?! Billy Corgan is one of only a handful of artist that survived the 90s and still has something to offer! Also by "Best Frontman" I wasn't speaking directly about his charisma or showmanship, i am talking more about how strong his songwriting is and his lyrics and how tight and graceful his melodies are! You say you "like" The Smashing Pumpkins, well did you realize that Billy wrote and recorded the first 5 SP albums basically himself? Everything, the guitars, bass, vocals everything but the drums. If you cant comprehend the amount of talent it takes to undertake a task like that and create the amazing albums he did, then you really have no understanding of music at all!

1) The hair was a joke
2) Yes, I do realize he wrote everything. He also wrote Zeitgeist
3) As a writer, he was very good. But as a frontman, he can't hold a candle to people like Layne Staley, Chris Cornell or Eddie Vedder. They all had a personality that they brought to their singing and their live shows that Billy simply never had.
4) If you really think he survived the nineties, you might want to take a gander at his subscription plan. He's lost his mind.

And I kinda am interested in hearing what James can do. Linky linky anyone?
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
1) The hair was a joke
2) Yes, I do realize he wrote everything. He also wrote Zeitgeist
3) As a writer, he was very good. But as a frontman, he can't hold a candle to people like Layne Staley, Chris Cornell or Eddie Vedder. They all had a personality that they brought to their singing and their live shows that Billy simply never had.
4) If you really think he survived the nineties, you might want to take a gander at his subscription plan. He's lost his mind.

And I kinda am interested in hearing what James can do. Linky linky anyone?

I think its a brilliant idea! I hate to admit, Billy is right when he says that album formate is dead and obsolete. With programs like itunes and illegal downloads, people dont buy albums, they listen the the 2 or 3 songs they like. So you go write a 13 song album and you basically throw 10 songs out the window because 80% of people just listen the the hit singles. Its a waste of effort! I think Billy's idea is great, and i am really looking forward to it. Releasing songs individually over the length of a couple years and really give each song the time and thought it requires, and in the end release all the material as a compilation album. Its a awesome idea, and it all about the music and nothing else! Something you dont see too often these days!

Edit: Also, Zeitgeist is still a good album! Not up to par with the past, but still has some really good material. Billy's new direction with music is really good and his American Gothic EP was brilliant!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black
Last edited by zuckuss00 at Apr 28, 2009,