I think it is possible, yeah... I'm fairly sure the guitar effects I see in stores were made and not just found. Seriously, vaguest synopsis ever. Elaborate, please.
Yes.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
^Still, yes... It's components, solder and an enclosure. What it all depends on is this: Whch kind of effect? Can you read diagrams? Can you solder?
Quote by d3mon slay
obviously when i mean make i mean at home dude.

The vagueness of your question left you wide open to criticism.

But to answer your question, of course it's possible. It's actually how the early pedals were made, by someone with knowledge of electronics tinkering in their own home. A search of "DIY guitar pedal kit" on Google might reveal some of the companies that offer these whose names I've forgotten at the moment.
i was thinking flanger. i'm sure i can figure out the diagrams and i can solder. any helpful links?
www.google.com

That should have been your first choice. And as your first pedal build, I'd recommend something a tad easier than a flanger.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Edit: Dammit Davers.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by d3mon slay
If so how? I have a lot of free time and i wanna try something. thanks y'all
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put your junk in that box
3: Make her open the box
And that's the way you do it

Quote by d3mon slay
i was thinking flanger. i'm sure i can figure out the diagrams and i can solder. any helpful links?
http://www.AllAboutFlangers.com

srsly dude, you wanna us to tell you all about how to build the shiz, but you don't make an effort to tell us what you've built before, what your background is, what you already know, etc.

if you're that lazy, don't expect more help than you've been getting.
if you want more, invest more.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
yes, you CAN build a guitar effect

you take something heavy, attach it to your average wood dowel (i like to use a mix of glue and bark, cause it looks brutal as ****) hit you guitar, and it effects it

buildyourownclone.com
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
read the stickies and do a search for the ultimate pedal building thread. once you have a clue and are ready to ask some real questions, you can make a thread. or just build this: