So on my search for pickups for my MIM Strat I have decided for Hot Rails in the bridge, to get me that harder classic rock tone. Now, I have to decide what to get in the neck and mid.

I want these to be real bluesy pickups, which is way I decided against Vintage rails and Cool rails, since I don't think they'll give me a classic bluesy single coil sound.

So, what are your suggestions?
Strats & Seagulls
I think a YJM in the neck (DiMarzio) might work. It was suggested to me.

As for the middle, perhaps a Texas Special? I have looked at these, extensively... but uh, I have good and bad things about them.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I think a YJM in the neck (DiMarzio) might work. It was suggested to me.

As for the middle, perhaps a Texas Special? I have looked at these, extensively... but uh, I have good and bad things about them.

I was looking at Texas Specials, but I don't know where to get a single pickup. I only see them sold in sets of three.
Strats & Seagulls
Fast track 2,tone zone S,or chopper in the bridge
Virtual vintage heavy blues 2 in the neck
Virtual vintage '54 pro in the middle

That would be my personal recommendation since I'm a fan of Dimarzio pups.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'd suggest the Duncan Duckbuckers just to keep the design consistent.

I have a few Vintage rails and they sound good, just a little too much bass to be called perfect for me.
The Duckbucker has a tad less bass than it, so I'm hoping it's the one for me and should be for you as well.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Fast track 2,tone zone S,or chopper in the bridge
Virtual vintage heavy blues 2 in the neck
Virtual vintage '54 pro in the middle

That would be my personal recommendation since I'm a fan of Dimarzio pups.

The Heavy Blues and '54 Pro would be able to keep the traditional Strat tone?
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
The Heavy Blues and '54 Pro would be able to keep the traditional Strat tone?

I'm sure they would,they're traditional single coils with hum-canceling features.Check them out on Dimarzio's site,there's a ton of info on all their pups there.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm sure they would,they're traditional single coils with hum-canceling features.Check them out on Dimarzio's site,there's a ton of info on all their pups there.

I did, they send very nice. I like 'em. I'm thinking about the Chopper in the bridge now, too. Seems good, without a rediculously high output, but still hotter than a normal single coil.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
I did, they send very nice. I like 'em. I'm thinking about the Chopper in the bridge now, too. Seems good, without a rediculously high output, but still hotter than a normal single coil.

Yup.and since it's a SC humbucker type pup it'll give a fat and chunkier sound than a normal SC would.The tone zone SC is a good choice for hard rock,but the output difference between it and the type of pups you want for the neck and middle may cause volume drop off when switching,which is a bitch.The same goes for the fast track 2.I think the chopper or one of their other SC humbuckers with an output of 230-280 would be a great match for the other 2 I mentioned.

hot rail in mid and cool rail in neck?? or just keep it stock if you dont mind the tone much.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I plan on getting a set of Hot Gold Lace Sensors when I fix up my Squier, and swapping the bridge if the Lace doesn't give me the sound I want. Then I can either stash the Lace bridge somewhere or eBay it. The Lace Sensors will give you a quiet, clean vintage Strat sound and you could find your bridge pickup of choice to fill out the instrument. But the Lace Hot Gold set works fine for Clapton, and he knows what he's doing. You could put the $60 from the Lace bridge toward your Chopper or Hot Rail and come out around $170, depending who you buy from.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I am definitely not a huge fan of the hot rails.

I would suggest

bridge pup - Dimarzio Super Distortion S or Seymour Duncan JB Jr
middle pup - Dimarzio True Velvet
neck pup - Dimarzio YJM or Seymour Duncan lil 59
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100