if i play in a band with a couple of guys my age 15-16, is it even worth doing Zepp if we cant get the vocals up in the Plant range? have any of you tried this? if so how did you go about the vocals?
Who can get vocals up to the Plant range? Just sing it in tune and you should be fine.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Who can get vocals up to the Plant range?

A lot of people, especially now-a-days considering Plant's age/condition.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Yea it really doesnt matter if you can get that high or not as long as it sounds good. Check out Nirvana's cover of Heartbreaker, total ****, but its still good.
Quote by thewantonman
if i play in a band with a couple of guys my age 15-16, is it even worth doing Zepp if we cant get the vocals up in the Plant range? have any of you tried this? if so how did you go about the vocals?

Get a female vocalist
Get a real tenor to sing?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
My singer is obsessed with singing notes at exactly the same range they are played, so he enjoys Zepplin songs immensely. When I sing back-up I usually drop an octave or just use falsetto. For that matter, most people don't even think about using falsetto or not, so w/e.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Doing it in falsetto would sound rather weak, and probably very ineffective.....singing an octave lower would do the same.

Not really sure how to get around that problem really! This is why Zeppelin is always a risky choice to cover......my band used to cover a couple of Zep songs with me on vocals, but thankfully I could manage to hit most of the notes, even if it wore me out quite a bit!
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Also TS, I could teach your singer how to sing it Plant-ish. Anyone but a low baritone could learn to sing like that, it's way over Plant's natural range. Tenor just makes it easier.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Well, if your falsetto is well trained you can get away with it. John Mayer does. As do a lof of people.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
ok thanks for the feedback dudes, Moby Dick is one option lol. We may give it a shot an octave lower or something, or a female singer
Quote by BlackandSilver
Also TS, I could teach your singer how to sing it Plant-ish. Anyone but a low baritone could learn to sing like that, it's way over Plant's natural range. Tenor just makes it easier.

ok how do i do it?
To every one who doesnt think you cant zep good without being able to hit plant range, shut up for awhile. Go listen to Hootie and the blowfish do hey hey what can i do. Darius sings it in his own range and still kicks ass. Darius Rucker=God
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Feb 26, 2009,