I just wanted to know some of your guys opinion, im looking to start a band with a few of my friends im 18 im fairly good at guitar my rhythm skills are very good and with alil more practice my leads willl be better. I dont know what to do though! I don't want to start a band with really any CORE influence i dont mind some death or metalcore but thats just not me to play that. I really like death metal but i just don't think i can find anyone with the dedication and love for that music to really make it work. I really like thrash metal aswell but we all know thrash is pretty much dead. So i just wanted know what kind of band i should start, im leaning towards a straight up death metal type of thing, but if could play thrash and not make it sound gay or some rip off band i wud love that aslo. Do you think it would be possible to do that, and would you even consider listening to a younger band trying to do thrash. THOUGHTS??
black tide sounds like a old school thrash band a little bit and theyre fairly young so yeah. Its not a matter of what genre you play its just about if you guys sound good. If so then youll be fine. If not then your going to go the way of many obscure local bands around the world...im just typing stuff at this point so i have no clue if anything i said is right...
I use a line 6 what of it?