okay, i want this guitar, anybody who tried it know if it is any good for metal and classic rock because my strat can't play metal because of the single coils. My budget is probavly 350$ cuz im like poor and can't afford like gibsons, or esps. Oh yeah and does anybody know if this guitar sounds good with the Peavey Vypyr 30? I'm thinking of getting them both.
Why not just put humbuckers in your strat?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
ill have to buy every thing. A new pickguard plus humbuckers. And the strat isn;t meant for humbuckers so ill just get an epiphone that is only like 300$.
the lp 100 is fine, they have good woods but you will need to replace the tuners, pickups, bridge and nut on that one since the stock ones suck
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I still use my Epiphone LP-100, it is quite underrated.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I got a Les Paul Standard brand new for £300. I also tried the LP 100 Its good for the price. Dunno if you can get the standard for less than $300 though.
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
yeah its good for the price just upgrade the hardware one thing at a time
Gear:
If you are looking for a Les Paul type for low bones, you may want to look at Rondomusic.com, their brand Agile are very good Les Paul copies, you can ask around here a lot of people like them.
here's a link
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000whitegoldhw.html

Also a shredder type guitar

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1256.html

Good Luck
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
You will need tuners with the LP100 the stock ones dont hold tune for very long at all. The pickups are really hot. There certainly are better pickups to be had. But it can be played as is with some decent tuners in it. But go to a store and try several to find 1 that plays good epis can vary alot.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
the lp 100 is fine, they have good woods but you will need to replace the tuners, pickups, bridge and nut on that one since the stock ones suck

It would be more worth it, easier, and faster to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
lp 100s are a step up from toys.

i'd just toss a humbucker in the bridge and swap the guard. the whole thing would cost $80 US total.

unless you're saying you just hate your strat, or that it's a piece of crap.

if that's the case, then sell it and put more towards the LP

for $300, schecter makes the best HH, imo

that or a used epi standard.

but id still try to get more cash first or add the H to the strat. which by the way Are made for humbuckers if you put one in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 27, 2009,
Those guitars from rondomusic look really nice imo. Much better than anything else you'll find for that price range.
Quote by RandyRhoads818
okay, i want this guitar, anybody who tried it know if it is any good for metal and classic rock because my strat can't play metal because of the single coils. My budget is probavly 350$ cuz im like poor and can't afford like gibsons, or esps. Oh yeah and does anybody know if this guitar sounds good with the Peavey Vypyr 30? I'm thinking of getting them both.

have a look at getting a seymour - duncan hotrails put in the bridge of your strat. It's not expensive and it would probably be better then going for an LP. The reality is you don't really need a neck HB, Bridge is more important IMO.

Otherwise if you want humbuckers look @ Ibanez/ESP...thinner necks and a lot easier to play
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Looking at decent LP types, there's Burny who are getting a good reputation, too. Should be about in your price range.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by tmfiore
It would be more worth it, easier, and faster to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

not really you still have to change all the hardware on those too, but atleast the tuners are a bit better on those
Gear:
dude yes i played it at the gc and it plays great. smaller body than the les paul special (or so it seemed) it wasnt heavy like they all are known for being. and guess what? its only 300 dollars lmao(right now anyways) but a personal suggestion. buy strap locks if you dont already have them. these guitars fall of the strap in a second especially if you play with a short strap. cheers mate and good luck (cuz i might kill you and steal it from you XD)
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
This thread is in the wrong forum and it STILL keeps getting bumped.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I got an Epiphone LP Standard off of ebay for $350 with upgraded tuners and a hardshell case, in good shape too