I'm just really looking for a lower wattage tube amp that can get the br00talz or close to it cause then i'd just buy an OD. My budget is around $1000-$1200AUD and i play Hardcore/Metalcore/Progressive Metal.

Helpies!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Krank Rev Pro Jr? I was never good with AUD budgets.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Good album. But in seriousness, a 50 watt or lower mesa combo amp will never do you wrong.
They're both over my budget
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Played one, didn't like it at all really.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Peavey Classic 30 + Distortion

Don't judge me.
if he can get a mesa for even close to that i will find him somehow and shake his hand. i must go to all the wrong music stores because i never see any of these cheap tube amps the americans keep talking about. sorry can't help ya dude.
Laney VC30? How good do they do heavy metal?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Laney VC30? How good do they do heavy metal?

they don't. I have a clip in my profile with the VC30 distortion maxed out
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
You should try a Randall RG50TC. They're 50 watt tube combo amps but I've actually never tried one.
Hey brother, I've been in your position 3-4 times over the last 7-8 years, and after many amp changes I've settled on the Peavey XXX combos. Check 'em out, they are FANTASTIC for metal on a budget and on a small scale. They aren't made anymore, but you can find them used for about $420 USD, which is about 620 AUD.

Don't know if 40 watts counts as low wattage, but I've got the Super 40 XXX and it absolutely kills at any volume level, even whisper quite.
Can the Peavey Windsor Studio 20W do metal on its own or would i need an OD for the br00talz?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I'm pretty keen on it, It has a attenuator built in which is awesome.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I'm pretty keen on it, It has a attenuator built in which is awesome.

The Peavey Power Sponge technology is pretty gimmicky. It's definitely not the same as buying a decent attenuator/load box.

Don't judge me.
Get a 5150 combo or head. If you can't find one in your price range used get a vypyr 60 or 120 watt tube amp. The 6505 model on that thing sounds very realistic it has the same power section as the real 6505 so it's pretty dead on.
Americans have no idea what it is like in Australia. I have seen 1 second hand 6505 EVER. It was a combo and it was 1800.

There is no second hand market in Australia, and gear prices are bordering on spastic. There is no way you would ever get a second hand xxx for $620. Try closer to 2k.

By a Bugera and rip out a couple of power tubes.
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
Americans have no idea what it is like in Australia. I have seen 1 second hand 6505 EVER. It was a combo and it was 1800.

There is no second hand market in Australia, and gear prices are bordering on spastic. There is no way you would ever get a second hand xxx for $620. Try closer to 2k.

By a Bugera and rip out a couple of power tubes.

Not going to change volume.

Don't judge me.
Looks like i'll just have to get a Blackstar HT-5 combo with an OD for the br00talz
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Nah, just get a something like a bugera or the randall rg50tc. Metal is mostly preamp distortion so it's that big of a deal that you can't crank it.

Tube amps don't need to be cranked to sound good. I wish people would really drop this myth.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thanks Kevin, so i can play bedroom levels and still maintain good tone?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yes, generally you can. For those amps though, I dunno since I haven't been able to personally try them, I merely suggested them since they fit your genre. You can get a good tone at low volumes, but not every amp is like this. Some amps sound bad at low volumes, that's how it is.

If you're only playing in your bedroom and never plan on cranking it you might be better off with a modeler. I haven't been able to try one, but the line 6 flextone is supposed to be a very good amp for the money and certainly capable of doing metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I plan on gigging later on and i jam with my brothers band with a death metal drummer lol
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Not going to change volume.

Yeah, it only makes about a tenth of a difference.

Valve amps are loud, but he shouldn't just go "Oh, 120 watts, can't buy it" when all that is required to drop that wattage is a screw driver, some wriggling and the use of the selectable ohmage.