So I downloaded this program called mixcraft. I knew I can make songs on my own, and I can, but, I am not in a band, is that a bad thing? OR is that lame? I cant seem to find a drummer or anything. I will soon, it perfectly fine to make songs with out a band, just me?
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
Quote by Mannypedraza
So I downloaded this program called mixcraft. I knew I can make songs on my own, and I can, but, I am not in a band, is that a bad thing? OR is that lame? I cant seem to find a drummer or anything. I will soon, it perfectly fine to make songs with out a band, just me?

No, it's not bad or lame. I much rather writing on my own. I don't like doing live shows. I'm way too worried I'll **** up.

I just write music to express myself and my ideas. Also, it's good 'cause you have complete control over everything, which you wouldn't in a band, in most cases anyways.
Last edited by metalphil0323 at Feb 26, 2009,
I do my music by myself and so far everything is working out just fine for me.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
There's nothing wrong with making songs without a band. Gives you that much more creative influence

Steve Winwood's Arc of A Diver was recorded entirely by himself, as were several other albums I can't think of at the moment.
I used to make songs all on my own for a while. Then I realized "wait, how am I gonna play this live?"
Dave Grohl started Foo Fighters as a 1 man band...
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
It's a great way to be creative. You have full control and will learn a lot.
Quote by Taygunov
just wait till the 7 day trial expires

Actually it was 14 days...
But I got the whole thing, dont need to purchase nothin!
Quote by Mannypedraza
Actually it was 14 days...
But I got the whole thing, dont need to purchase nothin!

well then.....congrats. i personally loved that program, it was the only one i felt comfortable using. then they cracked down my fake serial now im using audacity
Quote by Taygunov
well then.....congrats. i personally loved that program, it was the only one i felt comfortable using. then they cracked down my fake serial now im using audacity

Oh crap they can crack it down? How long do u think till its my turn?
Being a one man band isn't so bad. You can have practice whenever you want, you are not held back by a lame band member, no fights, you'd have a song exactly how you would want it. Although live, I wouldn't know how that would work.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Dave Grohl played everything but a few parts on the first Foo Fighters album...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Its cool, I do it quite often, Im in a band right now, and I keep doing it. Mainly as a side project of sorts.
But you should play with other people too, they are both great and different ways of experimenting with music.
Quote by The_Paranoia

That didn't help any cause.

Honestly it's just my opinion but that guy is terrible. I hope you were sarcastic when you expected all of UG to watch that clip and agree with you.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Ever heard of Nine Inch Nails?

Trent Reznor is God.

I'm also a one man band. I'm working on an album right now, it's pretty sweet. I use Beatcraft for all my drums
Last edited by TheCaptain777 at Feb 26, 2009,
There is a one man band around here named "Goot"

You can find him on myspace if you are interested, he is really good.

He writes and records all of his own stuff, and for live playing he has a couple guys that play with him for his live band.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by yellowshirtguy
There is a one man band around here named "Goot"

You can find him on myspace if you are interested, he is really good.

He writes and records all of his own stuff, and for live playing he has a couple guys that play with him for his live band.

That what I wanted to do
Quote by Mannypedraza

Yea dude, this is NOT lame or bad. The true purpose of music is to make yourself happy, as boring as that sounds. You dont feel the urge to show off for anyone, good for you!
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by Jericho114
That didn't help any cause.

Honestly it's just my opinion but that guy is terrible. I hope you were sarcastic when you expected all of UG to watch that clip and agree with you.

WTF man, that is amazing. I would pay good money to see him live.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yeah, look at PAIN, that's a one-man project. He gets guitarrists for concerts and stuff.

Quote by Mannypedraza
Oh crap they can crack it down? How long do u think till its my turn?

Hmm...Block any traffic from the program with your firewall? If it can't connect, they will never know
🙈 🙉 🙊
Mixcraft found out I used a fake serial but I just put in another and it works hahha
I have a solo project too but I intend on getting a band together asap. Use beatcraft for drums
Quote by metalphil0323
No, it's not bad or lame. I much rather writing on my own. I don't like doing live shows. I'm way too worried I'll **** up.

I just write music to express myself and my ideas. Also, it's good 'cause you have complete control over everything, which you wouldn't in a band, in most cases anyways.

I have 90% of the say so in my band, they know I'm the lead writer.

It's not an ego thing, but the individual members in a band need to understand their roles. I'm not talking about them getting to write their own instrument lines, but maybe that they need to understand that certain people are better at certain things than other people. Like, I'm the best writer in the band and I'm in charge of writing the music. Our drummer is energetic and has such a warm personality that you can't help but love him, he does wonders for our stage presence that nobody else can. Our bassist has an amazing voice and can sing wonderfully, but can't write lyrics to save his life. etc etc
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I am a 1 man band. I use audacity though.

Although I play guitar, drums, and bass (and the occasional other instruments such as mandolin and setar), I jam with my brother whenever he visits from college; me on drums and my brother on guitar. we pull off a cool garage band-black keys kind of sound. I would much rather work on that more than my one man band.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there