Okay, I've got a Fender Roc Pro 700 Hybrid Combo. I actually really love the sounds i get out of it. Now it's got a cheap and old Fender 'special design' speaker. 12 inch. I'm thinking it's time to replace that, and make this baby push some more good tones.

Now, Should I buy a 4X12, install a few jacks on my amp (yes, I know my electronics btw..), and use it as a head on the 4X12, and just 1X12 whenever i don't want the four speakers? This would probably be a Peavey 412M cab, with Sheffield (possibly) speakers.

OR

Buy a good, quality speaker and keep it as a combo. I'm thinking maybe the Eminence Patriot Black Powder? Or do you have any other speaker suggestions?

Or any other suggestions at all are welcome. Thank you!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I would go with the option of 1x12 and 4x12. More tonal possibilities.

I have a 1x12 and a 4x12 cabs so I know.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
wait, did you wire them together, or seperate like I'm suggesting.? And do you like the set up? Does the 4X12 make THAT much of a difference tonally?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Separately.

Yes, there's a difference between a 1x12 and a 4x12. Of course my setup has different speakers but the 4x12 sounds more spaceous while the 1x12 thumps.

While they're different brands they're all 75 watt speakers.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+