If I Had a TT could i use it to gig or should i get a dual TT? Also id be throwing in a cab with two vintage 30's. The size of the gig is about a size of a standard gym (not a gym but a size of one ...yeah ok a gym) . Idk if i could mic it but ill see if i can and would it be possible to use it for band practice un miced. (Metal band btw and ill be throwing a boost and maybe if needed a dist. pedal in the mix as well.)
I use a line 6 what of it?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
TT is not really suitable for most types of metal, at all.
Rob Chappers would disagree he has a few vids of him playing a TT metal and all he used was a boost. Though i can understand if your saying that the TT is not made for metal but can play it and there are more sutible amps for the genre at around the same price out there. The only problem is that im going to be using it for a alt rock band as well as a metal band so problem solved with a boost and dist running to a TT.
What kinda gig isnt mic'ing you??
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Chappers' tone is absolutely awful. The TT isn't voiced for metal. No Orange really is. They might be able to do passable metal, but it doesn't make them metal amps.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'm an Orange fan (heck I LOVE my Rocker 30) but I agree that they aren't really metal amps. Oranges have a rather "loose" sound and it isn't very tight. They're great for Stoner, but not really metal. Also keep in mind Chappers is endorsed by Orange so he can't really say anything bad about them... (Not that I have that much to say that's bad about them though...)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I played a gig with my TT this week and got an excellent metal tone and surprisingly good cleans without having to touch the amp during the set.

I agree Rob Chappers tone is awful, but the TT sounds a lot better with an OD pedal and a lower gain PI valve.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Unmic'ed, you'll have to get your power amp cooking which sucks for tight metal riffing. Mic'ed, with a boost and/or active pickups, it's a possibility.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by mcraddict81592
What kinda gig isnt mic'ing you??

He clearly says for band practice.

I'm not sure how loud TT's get, but I would think there is enough volume to jam with even a loud drummer. I have an Egnater and it doesn't need to leave the 1w setting.
Quote by MAYNARD
He clearly says for band practice.

I'm not sure how loud TT's get, but I would think there is enough volume to jam with even a loud drummer. I have an Egnater and it doesn't need to leave the 1w setting.

That's because that knob does just about nothing.

Don't judge me.
ok.. i have the TT.. its loud enough to jam with a loud drummer.. it's also loud enough to gig with un-miced. it's one channel, so as you turn the gain up, you get more volume without even adjusting the volume knob.. i rarely take the gain up above 6 or 7 for punk stuff..

the gain does not sound very metal, and it doesn't take pedals very well at loud volumes (because the tubes are already distorting the tone)

Basically, don't get the TT if you want metal.. get a valveking or something
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Basically, don't get the TT if you want metal.. get a valveking or something

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
That's because that knob does just about nothing.

Yeah, it raises and lowers the wattage of the amp, from 1-20w. There isn't gonna be a huge jump in volume, mostly headroom and the way it drives lower wattage speakers.For instance, I use AlNiCo Blues and can tell quite a difference in how hard the speaker gets pushed, when I adjust the knob.
eh i just dont want to get a bugera because of all the horror stories im hearing oh well. I guess im stuck going with the 333xl
Quote by Darkflame
what the hell is a TT ?

looks like a garden door

Orange Tiny Terror.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i agree with those who suggested bugera. the tt can do gigs but has more of a vintage voicing than a metal one.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20