I searched, couldn't find anything related, or 100% related, correct me if I'm wrong.

For example :
- the outro of Hotel California by The Eagles
- The ending solo of stairway to heaven (I know that some of you might whine "omgawdz no stairway, itz overrated" but get over it, that song ,well just the solo for me, had a good impact on rock's history)
- Free Bird big solo by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- November Rain's solo

And so on.... your turn.

edit : By "a must to know", I don't mean to learn the solo actually, but just know it's existance.
Last edited by kevC4 at Feb 26, 2009,
None of those are need to know.
Play whatever peaks your interest.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Bohemian Rhapsody
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Everybody who plays guitar recognizes the Sieze the Day solo.

Dont bash me for an A7X reference. It's a really recognizable solo.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
funny, i never learned any of those. not my style. improve blues ftw!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by cheez1492

I don't.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by cheez1492

You know, when I hear about A7X, I go NNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH- and even more when I hear their new songs, wich I don't really like. But I agree that Seize the day's solo is really good kinda... I even already learnt it, but I f*cking can't listen to the whole song. Only the solo and the rest after it.
Quote by Ironbodom
I don't.

I don't either.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by kevC4
You know, when I hear about A7X, I go NNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH- and even more when I hear their new songs, wich I don't really like. But I agree that Seize the day's solo is really good kinda... I even already learnt it, but I f*cking can't listen to the whole song. Only the solo and the rest after it.

i hear ya. i'm no hardcore fan, but i liked alot of the guitar work on city of evil. you can rag on the band and the vocals and all that, but i still appreciate the music i feel is done well.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Megadeth solos, Learn them.
Sultans of swing is classic.
Wind cries mary is so fun and easy.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd), Crossroads (Cream), and Purple Haze (Jimi) Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) I don't really know if those, or any for that matter, are a NEED TO KNOW, but they are well recognized and fun to play.
Last edited by ethan is hot at Jul 24, 2010,
Comfortably Numb (EDIT: Damn)
Mr. Crowley
Little Wing
Eruption (-_-)
Newbie of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by cheez1492
i hear ya. i'm no hardcore fan, but i liked alot of the guitar work on city of evil. you can rag on the band and the vocals and all that, but i still appreciate the music i feel is done well.

Well yeah, Synyster Gates does very good solos, but I think he doesn't sound very good when shredding. Other than that, his solos are pretty melodic.

edit : ^
Just learn A Change Of Seasons by Dream Theater
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Layla Unplugged

+4839045840938590383094
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212