How would i be able to tell if my truss rod is stripped or broke?
my guitar only plays without buzzing if the truss rod so it feels looes when i wiggle it..
if i turn it clockwise (about 1/4-1/2 turn from where it plays best) it gets stiffer but my 12 fret will buzz.

also there is a very very slight warp up(towards the strings) at around the 12th fret,
barely even noticable

the reason i'm asking is becaues everywhere i've looked it said that the truss rod sould feel stiff.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
i think you had a few typos in your post.

are you saying that there is a spot where your guitar plays it's best. but you dont want to leave the rod in that position, because when it's like that, the truss rod nut feels loose?

also, are you saying that your neck seems fine except for some sort of bump in one area?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i think you had a few typos in your post.

are you saying that there is a spot where your guitar plays it's best. but you dont want to leave the rod in that position, because when it's like that, the truss rod nut feels loose?

also, are you saying that your neck seems fine except for some sort of bump in one area?

i took it to the shop so its getting fixed.

but what my problem was, is that when you adjust the truss everyone says it should feel stiff.. but where mine plays best the truss rod will turn loose if i want to adjust it.

but either way there was still buzzing at the 12th fret.

but i talked to the dude and he explained it.. so its getting taken care of!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.