Well I have arranged to purchase an Ampeg BA115 for 250 usd. Far cheaper than buying it at Guitar Center, after tax and all that good warranty stuff. I want to make this a quick deal, and I have elected to go to the sellers house. Thing is, I want to make sure this Amp isnt a piece of ****, so, bass forum, tell me how to fully test drive this amp in 5-10 minutes, and how to fully check the amp. Much thanks.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Bring your own bass and test it out.

I plan to

Quote by Stingray5
well if it's ampeg it's a piece of ****

If I had more money, I don't think I would buy this amp. Much less a combo amp.
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Last edited by PluckU at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by Stingray5

Lol, bias much?

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Yeah, just bring your bass and any other gear you have to use with it and test every possible sound you would ever use.
Quote by Stingray5

^very helpful.

To be more precise, the lower end Ampegs lack the tonal punch and loudness of their more expensive brothers. I'm an Ampeg freak and I'm not exactly enthralled with their lower end offerings.

Frankly, I don't think 10 minutes is a decent amount of time to run an amp through its paces. I tend to play amps flat at first and then run them through various settings. If you have pedals, bring one or two with you. Check out the tonal lows and highs. I once played a used Hartke that sounded great in the higher range, but literally farted in the lower range.
Quote by anarkee
^very helpful.

To be more precise, the lower end Ampegs lack the tonal punch and loudness of their more expensive brothers. I'm an Ampeg freak and I'm not exactly enthralled with their lower end offerings.

Frankly, I don't think 10 minutes is a decent amount of time to run an amp through its paces. I tend to play it flat at first and then run it through various settings. If you have pedals, bring one or two with you. Check out the tonal lows and highs. I once played a used Hartke that sounded great in the higher range, but literally farted in the lower range.

I knew I would have to wait for a mod before I could get a decent answer. Thanks
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Well anyways, Let me put it this way:
Is the 100 watt 1x15 ampeg better than
a '90's squier 1x12 45 watt practice amp?
Good improvement
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek