ESP LTD will have a slightly thicker neck, and they'll have different shapes. I'd get the Roope model just cuz I'm a fanboy and love ESP but both are great for what you're playing. Does the ESP have that booster on it to push the pickup's signal harder?

EDIT: Aww, it doesn't have that boost =/ Either way, it's a kickass guitar, and the pickup ain't bad.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 27, 2009,
IMO Jackson necks are uncomfortable I never played one I liked, and I have never played an Esp/LTD that I didn't like seems like the quality of the 400 and up line speaks for itself. My opinion is based on the models I've used and owned.

Jacksons I've owned
RR3
Soloist SL3

ESP/LTD
Dv8r x 2
Ec-cobweb
Viper 400
Eclipse II
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
I would go with the LTD, but that's just me. I find more comfort in the ESP necks rather than Jackson necks.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
look into a used esp m2 they are some of the best esp guitars made. They are great for shredding.
personally ive got nothing but good things to say about jackson guitars so id go with the rr24 but the esp would still be a kickass guitar and im sure it would most likely be a litle more shred friendly considering it a signature model from a member of cob.