im having trouble finding a good eq setting for an srv/later john mayer blues tone - hoping people could help me out.

im looking at getting a bugera 333xl-212 (yes i know, not a blues amp - i'm mainly after a brad delson (linkin park) tone, and dont tell me to get a different amp).

could i go about getting a blues tone on the crunch channel without a tube screamer?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
I think you would have better luck with a Tube Screamer and the amp on the clean channel to get a bluesy sound.
ok, what kind of settings on the amp and the screamer would i be looking at?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by Bob_Smith
ok, what kind of settings on the amp and the screamer would i be looking at?

Once you get the amp, start off with everything at 5 on the clean channel and go from there? It's hard to predict what settings you need to use. I'd start with finding his clean tone or something close to it and use a light amount of od once you get the clean tone close.
Quote by gregs1020
Once you get the amp, start off with everything at 5 on the clean channel and go from there? It's hard to predict what settings you need to use. I'd start with finding his clean tone or something close to it and use a light amount of od once you get the clean tone close.

What he said. Every amps EQ will respond differently. Generally, blues is going to have higher bass and treble and lower mids.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.