Okay so I finished reading the first lord of the rings book: Fellowship of the ring.

It the synopis (sp) in the 2nd book, it says "In The fellowship of the ring, blah blah dibi dibi blah, and ended with the fellowship being scattered by an attack of a horde of orcs"

But there is no mention of any such attack in the first book. They all go looking around Amon Hen for Frodo and then he departs with Sam.

The book game in a box set so. Is it just a mistake in the synopis?

In the next book I flicked through and it has the line "Aragorn heard faint screams in the distance, and to his horror, the distinct cry or orcs".

I'm guessing they just made a mistake in the second book synopis. They didn't actually miss out on some of the story did they?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
probably the synopsis is just wrong....
I have no opinion on this matter.
The sypnosis in mine does not say this, it was published in 2005, and revised earlier in 2004. Is yours and earlier copy, because many revisions have been made i think.
Quote by Zugunruhe
probably the synopsis is just wrong....

This is what I am thinking.

I would not be happy if I was missing a chapter.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
So basically what you're telling me is that Australian editors are dumb stupid?
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by demon.guitarist
The sypnosis in mine does not say this, it was published in 2005, and revised earlier in 2004. Is yours and earlier copy, because many revisions have been made i think.

How does the last chapter end? Any mention or orcs?

And is the first mention of orcs in the 2nd book, when aragorn hears the shrieks of them from far away?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by BloodMoon666
So basically what you're telling me is that Australian editors are dumb stupid?

Yes.

Seriously, though. Aren't they attacked by orcs at the end of the first book? I'm pretty much 100% they did.
It's not a mistake, that actually happened. They were attacked by orcs (uruk hai if you remember the movie) at Amon Hen. They killed Boromir and took Merry and Pippin away. Now, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are going after them while Frodo and Sam go on towards Mt. Doom alone.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
It's not a mistake, that actually happened. They were attacked by orcs (uruk hai if you remember the movie) at Amon Hen. They killed Boromir and took Merry and Pippin away. Now, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are going after them while Frodo and Sam go on towards Mt. Doom alone.

What I was going to say.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Not a mistake.

yeah, the first book really mentioned the orc attack...

Kinda left you to wonder.

and the second book picks up there mentioning an orc attack so it makes the reader wonder "wtf? anyone die?".

so yeah...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
*link*

Aww... how cute! Now, stop spamming.

*reported*
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Avedas
Yes.

Seriously, though. Aren't they attacked by orcs at the end of the first book? I'm pretty much 100% they did.

isnt it a horde of urikia(sp) and they kill the one guy or something like that? havnt read the books in many years
The books are different to the movies.

Boromir doesn't die until the start of the 2nd book.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by bass-boy-garith
isnt it a horde of urikia(sp) and they kill the one guy or something like that? havnt read the books in many years

Uruk-Hai!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
edit: first book ends with frodo and sam leaving second book starts with aragorn looking for them and then the orcs attack

A. your copy of the first book is screwed up.

or

B you need to read the last chapter again because you missed something.

not sure
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Feb 27, 2009,
do you have the original or the film book ?
I read all the original ones and they followed each other perfectly,
dunno about the other versions, but it could be possible that the storyline is different in the film books.
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by noxios
do you have the original or the film book ?
I read all the original ones and they followed each other perfectly,
dunno about the other versions, but it could be possible that the storyline is different in the film books.

I have a box set of the books.

I just want to know why it says in the synopis for the 2nd book about the 1st book about an orc attack, when it doens't say about any orc attack in the first book.

Quote by Våd Hamster

As said by Wikipedia:

X - The Breaking of the Fellowship - The company arrives at Parth Galen; they still face the various paths before them. The choice is given to Frodo, who thinks it over alone. Alone, that is until Boromir arrives, and attempts to convince Frodo to go towards Gondor. When that fails, he tries to take the Ring from Frodo, who puts it on to escape him. When Frodo does not arrive back at camp, and Boromir reveals what has happened, other members of the company scatter in an attempt to find the Ringbearer. Frodo and Sam go across the river and head towards Mordor alone.

So there is something wrong with the synopis.

Quote by Våd Hamster