Yeah yeah its from guitar hero....so what...it inspired a generation to play

Ok. What are squeadlies and meadlies?
I think squeadlies are pinch harmonics but am not 100%...
Thanks in advance.
It hasn't been around long enough to say it "inspired a generation" to do much of anything. I'm going to bet it caused a huge number of people to buy a guitar, spend a week learning to play, then forget about it completely, if anything.
Alright fine it inspired me, my best friend and both my bosses sons to play....been playin for 1.5 years now....so answer the question please?
Quote by FrankZappa09
Yeah yeah its from guitar hero....so what...it inspired a generation to play

Ok. What are squeadlies and meadlies?
I think squeadlies are pinch harmonics but am not 100%...
Thanks in advance.

Ugghh, I cringe when people call them "Squealies". I have friends who have been playing for years who only just found out about them and they call them this as well. Yes they are pinch harmonics.

I don't talk to enough stupid people to figure out what a meadlie is though.
Quote by steve.howard
It hasn't been around long enough to say it "inspired a generation" to do much of anything. I'm going to bet it caused a huge number of people to buy a guitar, spend a week learning to play, then forget about it completely, if anything.

**** you, guitar hero exposes people to music they might otherwise not listen to. IF someone was going to pick up a guitar and learn it, guitar hero isn't going to put them off. And so what if some does try it for a week and then give up? Doesn't make any difference you.
Inhuman evil take down!
so we've established a 'squeadlie' is poor terminology for pinch harmonics.
Whats a meadlie?

Please dont fight over guitar hero, no point.
I didnt even like rock before guitar hero, now cannot stand rap and love metal/ hard rock/ rockabilly and some country(not much)
Quote by 18th_Angel
**** you, guitar hero exposes people to music they might otherwise not listen to. IF someone was going to pick up a guitar and learn it, guitar hero isn't going to put them off. And so what if some does try it for a week and then give up? Doesn't make any difference you.

Dude, lay of the caffeine.

This awful word "squealie" is indeed slang for an artificial harmonic, also known as a pinch harmonic because of the pinching motion that is made.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I understand the guitar hero hate. I mean I can see why people play video games that let you do things that you normally couldn't do, like fight space aliens or fly planes. OR even games that let you simulate things you could do, but would require too much time or too big a life change like joining the army instead of playing a combat game or buying a race car instead of playing a driving sim. But to me, spending hours to play a plastic guitar with buttons on it is just silly. If you get really good at it, beat the game on the hardest level, you will still have no real skill, although your timing and rhythm might be decent, you will have wasted those hours and hours.

You can spend hours playing a real guitar and actually learn a song, have a creative outlet, jam with buds, etc. Eventually, if you get good enough, you could earn a living, and probably most importantly, score chicks.

The kind of chicks you can score by being good at guitar hero are probably uggos, and how would they even know you were good at it unless you already got them to watch you rock out in your mom's basement. I would imagine that if a girl was willing to hang out with you in your mom's basement to watch you play guitar hero, you already could have closed the deal and the guitar hero skills are not even needed.
This is not a guitar hero thread!!!
*slaps himself for mentioning it*
for squeadlies mash trem....for meadlies crank up tone surpressor
Hope that context helps, i really wanna know what meadlie means.
Seems i have to e-mail the band 'Strongbad' to find out.....
Btw it was Trogdor, a song where meadlies battle squeadlies.
Quote by FrankZappa09
Alright fine it inspired me, my best friend and both my bosses sons to play....been playin for 1.5 years now....so answer the question please?

easy now he wasnt insulting you he was just saying thats what he thinks, and if you cant get an anwser here try wikipedia
I tried everywhere. I dont care if he insulted me or not, he has the right to free speech. Btw i emailed the creators of 'Trogdor'. I will come back and post the answer for meadlies if i get one.
And strongbad isnt a band it turns out.... Just. A character on a flash cartoon website....shows the talent you needto make it on guitar hero....