hi i was wondering what kind of clean setting i should use if iam running effect on a amp.
Last edited by ticklemeasian at Feb 27, 2009,
What ever tone you want ?

I don't really understand the question though

What kind of tone do you want ?
What effect do you have on your amp ?
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
What ever tone you want ?

I don't really understand the question though

What kind of tone do you want ?
What effect do you have on your amp ?

well my tone comes out sounding like it's being really really really compressed i was looking for a way to make it sound more natural.
Yeah, I gotta agree with loon. Everyone always wants to know the secret to getting great tone. The secret is that it's up to you, your ears, and your taste. Set the knobs the way you like and add the effects you like in whatever order you think works the best for you. And, most important, your main tone comes from your fingers and not your equipment. Start with all the knobs at 12 o'clock and go from there.
Quote by ticklemeasian
well my tone comes out sounding like it's being really really really compressed i was looking for a way to make it sound more natural.

back off the gain, add some mids, and a touch of reverb
Ah, I think I understand.

Your boggle woggles when you wiggle your bibble.

No, but seriously, are you trying to say 'How do I set my amp if I have a distortion pedal in front of it'? Because if you are, you set it any which way you like. I have my Jekyll & Hyde running both for the br00talz, but I've set my amp so that I can still switch to a good clean sound when I'm done being badass. I think that would be a good point to go by.
so like what setting do you guys recommend i run on the amp if iam using my pedals for a death metal sound?
well here's my chain it's a line 6 pod x3 live running in to a jsx stack so i was really just looking for a way the the death metal sound to sound good and also when i want or need to play a clean part i can just push a button to cancel out the pedal
Quote by ticklemeasian
well here's my chain it's a line 6 pod x3 live running in to a jsx stack so i was really just looking for a way the the death metal sound to sound good and also when i want or need to play a clean part i can just push a button to cancel out the pedal

thrown the POD away, use the amp's distortion and the amps clean channel?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com