Ok, im buying my bro a cheapo starter bass for his bday, the thing is he only has a electric guitar amp, im wondering if a bass can use a basic electric guitar amp??? or does he absolutely need a bass amp

its a REALLY basic amp... only has Gain, low, mid, high and volume adjustments it came in a starter pack for his Ibanez Guitar
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
It will work through the amp but the tone will be horrible and it will ultimatly ruin the amp in the end but if its just a cheap amp and he aint too bothered about screwing it up it should be ok in the very short term.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
only play an electric guitar through a bass amp.

playing a bass through a guitar amp can damage it.
you need to buy a bass amp.

guitar amps are not ment to handle bass.

Not a stupid question by the way.
ok thanks... once i give him his bass ill tell him unless i can find a REALLY REALLY REALLY CHEAP bass amp lol

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
it will work unless you don't push it to its limits... but it will sound bad...

another good idea might be purchasing a guitarport/toneport whatever... it works with guitar, bass etc and also makes easy recording possible (and it sounds pretty good for a modelling solution)
also have any of you heard of a Crescent Bass Guitar??? its really cheap and heard it was a decent bass to start to learn on... i can get a used one for 45-65$ now im expecting it to be ****ty but as long as it will give him enough to learn on im happy

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by cronarct
also have any of you heard of a Crescent Bass Guitar??? its really cheap and heard it was a decent bass to start to learn on... i can get a used one for 45-65$ now im expecting it to be ****ty but as long as it will give him enough to learn on im happy

If he doesnt know how to play yet, then i guess anything with frets will do.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
I play guitar through a bass amp. requires a mid shift and turn the bass down some. Also it's a 12" combo so it's got the normal 12" speaker.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Playing Bass through a guitar amp will eventualy damage the speakers, the amp should be fine unless it is a 15 watt practise amp which would probably overheat through trying to play energy consuming low bass noted.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn